Forum

How to Help TF2

Created 12th March 2012 @ 17:52

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 10 Next »

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Tornf4lk

[…]

the only way to get the community to grow at a faster pace(e.g. not having intelligent players hear about etf2l and start here) then we need to do things like change the entire gamemode, new kinds of maps, unban the bad unlocks etc etc. and I’m against that really. The pubcommunity that has already heard about comp and doesn’t like it, will never become part of it. We rather need to cater to players of other games to get here and see the vanilla game(plus gunboats) for what it is or something like that….

I just disagree. I don’t think we need to change anything about how we play, just what we do to get people interested.

A lot of the misinformation out there comes from lack of streams. If we could get pubbers watching games, they start to see what is great about comp.

The Newbie mix group has been a big success in both Euro and NA. I just really need some help in running it. It would also help to have about 12 admins who I know can play once a week.

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

I just disagree. I don’t think we need to change anything about how we play, just what we do to get people interested.

A lot of the misinformation out there comes from lack of streams. If we could get pubbers watching games, they start to see what is great about comp.

The Newbie mix group has been a big success in both Euro and NA. I just really need some help in running it. It would also help to have about 12 admins who I know can play once a week.

msg me on steam about newbie mixes, I have some spare time.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Tornf4lk

[…]
msg me on steam about newbie mixes, I have some spare time.

Might be a problem until weekend, will whenever I get time.

What I really need to help that group is a co-manager, as I am kinda lost <3

Qun

GoT<3

XSplit is a no-go now-a-days, just lags too hard if you’re playing something else than medic.

DXtory is an option, but you need like a few hunderd GB harddrive space available at all time, 30 minutes match is at least 70 GB on medium settings.
Then you need to have the time and patience to convert those files to H.264, encoding takes like 25 minutes per match, even with NVIDIA CUDA on.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Qun

XSplit is a no-go now-a-days, just lags too hard if you’re playing something else than medic.

DXtory is an option, but you need like a few hunderd GB harddrive space available at all time, 30 minutes match is at least 70 GB on medium settings.
Then you need to have the time and patience to convert those files to H.264, encoding takes like 25 minutes per match, even with NVIDIA CUDA on.

What do other games use? I mean there are loads of LoL/DotA/SC2 streams.

Also we need more people like you, who are willing to stream.

AnimaL

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

What do other games use? I mean there are loads of LoL/DotA/SC2 streams.

Also we need more people like you, who are willing to stream.

everyone is using dxtory

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

someone donate me an i7 and I’ll gladly stream :P

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from numlocked

While your here <3

Would you or any of the Infused members be interested in, once a week, doing a newbie mix, once the season is over?

What about talking to NA? Anyone able to do this? Maybe talk about what we can do as a community, brainstorm some ideas. (This goes out to everyone, not Numlocked)

Last edited by CrashSite,

bean

isaninja

You have a few things that need addressing with the newbie mix group, which were articulated in a separate thread.

It also needs to be sustained and really have your involvement more or more “minders” of the group that are not responsible for organising mixes and more to keep an oversight of the group.

You also need to move away from a Steam group. Hell even a private lobby and announce with the password would be quicker and easier then trying to shift through comments on an announcement.

You’d also get some sort of meaningful info from the stats gathered on TF2Lobby to assess skills.

Not that is a 100% solution in itself, but doing this all through a steam group was a knightmare.

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from numlocked

ask all your old youtube fanboys who jizz when you upload a video to donate for the streaming cause :D

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from Qun

seems pretty heavy but i’ll take your word for it.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from bean

You have a few things that need addressing with the newbie mix group, which were articulated in a separate thread.

It also needs to be sustained and really have your involvement more or more “minders” of the group that are not responsible for organising mixes and more to keep an oversight of the group.

You also need to move away from a Steam group. Hell even a private lobby and announce with the password would be quicker and easier then trying to shift through comments on an announcement.

You’d also get some sort of meaningful info from the stats gathered on TF2Lobby to assess skills.

Not that is a 100% solution in itself, but doing this all through a steam group was a knightmare.

What I meant by another manager, it is fucking hard to do it alone. I have about three other TF2 related things going on at once. Need some support.

So you know, someone actually come help.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Players who have interest in playing games competativly will, and those that won’t wont. Crashsites group is a good help to those that do want to play, however people really shouldnt get *too* focused on those that don’t want to try playing seriously as it just puts them off even more.

They like playing pub, its fun, its a bit of a laugh, most tf2 players are pub players and they play tf2 because its different and diverse, however 6v6 strips down all the “fun” things such as maps and unlocks and makes it less appealing to pub players.

Things like what crashsite are doing (although he may make mistakes like in the SPUF thread about crits, perhaps coming accross too comp fan boy ish) at least hes actually making an effort, you can lead a horse to water remember but if the pubbers dont want to play they just dont want to play.

Highlander is the best bridging gap we have to Pubbers, i’d suggest this was promoted more as we’ve seen how many pubbers have come accross to highlander and liked it and then started played 6v6 after that.
Its a usual case of too few people in the community doing stuff and people getting dicked on when they try :p.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Well from the SPUF thread, there does seem to be a gap between the two sides of the community. A similar thing was brought out on NATF2, that is why the streams or even better an in-built STV + notification of big games, would help a lot.

There will be a certain % who have never heard of comp

another % who have misconceptions

and the last % who hate us <3

The HL and Mix group can help with the first and the streams and STV's/demos etc can help with the second.

The last group have no hope.

Le meme arrows

Isn’t it already late? The game is out for almost 5 years and only now you start doing stuff like streams, newbie mixes, etc. It should’ve been done at the game release or in the first year and not when TF2 is nearing the end of its lifespan.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 10 Next »