Forum

hd4850 and sux cpu how much fps?

Created 27th December 2011 @ 15:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

AnimaL

Quoted from Wigglez

i don’t have money :D . I can buy only card and cpu . SO buy this ati radeon 4850 and athlon 5200+(2,7ghz) yes? should be okay fps?

nope

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from boomeh

[…]
i have a amd quad core clocked at 2.6ghz, 4850 and 2gb ram and fps doesnt drop below 100, l2pc

Quad core.

AnimaL

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Quad core.

tf2 uses two cores ok?

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]tf2 uses two cores ok?

Having 4 cores still helps though. Also, if you have money to buy a new gpu and a new cpu, why dont you just skip the gpu for now and get a new cpu and mobo?

AnimaL

Quoted from Rake

[…]

Having 4 cores still helps though. Also, if you have money to buy a new gpu and a new cpu, why dont you just skip the gpu for now and get a new cpu and mobo?

yes it helps as in i can disable 1st and 2nd on tf2 and run it on high (gives much more stable and better fps)without having input lag… has no fps inpact if running on default priority tho

Cookeh

Quoted from Wabbeh

[…]

Given that I have only a marginally better system than that, and I run it at ~80-120 fps with highframes at 1920×1080, I’d probably say yes.

You are beyond idiocy.

An i5 650 is MUCH faster than the FX he’s talking about.

OP, the cpu you’re talking about buying can be unlocked to a full Phenom II X4 – which handles TF2 perfectly fine. Problem is you need a AM2+ or AM3/+ mobo with a 740G chipset or better.

Last edited by Cookeh,

Wabbeh

Quoted from Cookeh

You are beyond idiocy.

:[

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]yes it helps as in i can disable 1st and 2nd on tf2 and run it on high (gives much more stable and better fps)without having input lag… has no fps inpact if running on default priority tho

Related to that, is there any way to start tf2 with core0 and core1 disabled or do I need to manually click them off?

redou

PyRo|GEN

Well, even with a good pc it’s hard to have stable fps all the time in TF2.

I think, you should wait, earn more money and get a better pc.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Rake

[…]

Related to that, is there any way to start tf2 with core0 and core1 disabled or do I need to manually click them off?

http://bitsum.com/prolasso.php
Run TF2, click RMB on the hl2.exe process and change the default affinity and priority.

AnimaL

Quoted from Rake

[…]

i use this http://edgemeal.110mb.com/PriFinitty/index.htm

h1

:3
BM

Quoted from vøid

[…]

640*480 ??

[…]
4670 != 4850

res was 1280*960.

phife

бекон

pc components get old and lose value very fast. no point in buying mediocre/old components. better just keep savin up until you can buy better stuff. doesnt have to be the best of the best. I bought a gtx260 216 1 year after it came out, and it already dropped by ~60 euros.

in 1 year, you can spend the same money you have now on something much better.

and srlsy, who wants to play at 640×480 or anything below “720p” at least? oO i understand when people use Atari graphics, but this low of a res?

Last edited by phife,

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]tf2 uses two cores ok?

Last time I looked tf2 was quite happy to use more that 2 cores, anything I can read on why its better to restrict cores? Is this specific to a particular chipset/cpu or is this more from some kind of magic eight ball you use for posting tech support on etf2l?

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from octochris

ITT: people give completely useless information about their own setups that has no bearing at all on the OP.

so far so good

Last edited by Si^,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »