Forum

TF2 Update

Created 30th November 2011 @ 00:41

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

droso

o/

Quoted from Skyride

If you’re complaining about TF2 running worse after an update, you really need to get a grip.

Running a modern, FPS game at 120fps is a BIG ask, and it really doesn’t take much hardware or cost to make it happen.

http://i.imgur.com/ySx2B.png

There’s a PC for £420 that’ll run TF2 at 400fps with Chris’s maxframes (and probably even 60fps-ish with the chris’s movie config). You could probably even get it down quite a bit by buying parts from other shops and such. In the grand scheme of modern games, tf2 runs EXCEPTIONALLY well. Stop moaning that your stone age machine doesn’t run a modern shooter game at twice what your monitor is even capable of.

I have a much better PC than that and I can’t make it run at STABLE 400 fps either.
I already had to OC my 2500K to 4,4 GHZ to get stable 264 fps. :<

wrock

vier

Quoted from stuntz

[…]

Im pretty sure Haunter’s pc would run it with max frames he has like 180-300 fps with high settings. Hes got a i7 2600k @ 4.5 with a 580 plus some evil ram

same i7 of course standard settings) 6870 12gb ram, and 180-300 isn´t 400 (and of course, if my pc can run 400 fps it means it has STABLE 400 fps and not dropping to 180 if something happens in tf2)

but of course 120fps are more than enough if you have just a 60 hz monitor

Last edited by wrock,

stuntz

Quoted from wrock

[…]

same i7 of course standard settings) 6870 12gb ram, and 180-300 isn´t 400 (and of course, if my pc can run 400 fps it means it has STABLE 400 fps and not dropping to 180 if something happens in tf2)

but of course 120fps are more than enough if you have just a 60 hz monitor

I said he uses High settings and gets that frames and would probably have 400 with chris max frames

and he uses it capped at 300 because of the screen :o more than 120 stable is just fine i guess too

Last edited by stuntz,

wrock

vier

Quoted from stuntz

[…]

I said he uses High settings and gets that frames and would probably have 400 with chris max frames

and he uses it capped at 300 because of the screen :o more than 120 stable is just fine i guess too

wouldn´t say that, i think i´m getting less fps with the maxframes than the d9 ;)

but k, there are alot of hardware is out there what can handly tf2 easily, but tf2 is poor programed anyway(because of the updates of course)

stuntz

..but tf2 is poor programed anyway(because of the updates of course)

if tf2 has no bugs or updates they dont need to pay the devs anymore :p theyre doing it on purpose shhhhhh :D

Wacked

Even with and without config I am unable to tab into the game. I can hear myself move and shoot and that is about it. I also had to do a clean install for the game to realise I changed the option to fullscreen.

Before this update I was able to do tabbing both in fullscreen and windowed mode. I could change settings without the game freezing on me.

Now its all just a bitchslap in the face every time I tab. taskmanager close process and hope it’ll start next time.

If they fix it for some, they ruin it for others. Will await further updates but will run in windowed mode until then.

And going through all this I found the culprint. Whenever I apply any of the Chris’ fps configs it doesnt want me to tab in/out of the game.

Last edited by Wacked,

atmo

Quoted from droso

[…]

I have a much better PC than that and I can’t make it run at STABLE 400 fps either.

are you sure you have threading enabled o_o

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from droso

[…]

errm I get pretty much 240 fps constant with same over clock as you on same processor on chris’s sexy config (the one with tons of graphic stuff u dont need). :/

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from droso

[…]

You might want to try the new config.

atmo

Things seem shinier.

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from Kvux

Loving the alt-tab fix, took them long enough
Now they just need to fix hitreg and splashbug and we’re good…

Because hitreg is a fucking dice that fucks me over 1/4 of the time I shoot people.
Don’t tell me you haven’t shot a scout in the face, and died because hitreg decided that a blood mark is all you get?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Wtf Droso, I had to cap my fps because it kept going above a 1000 ([email protected]) on certain parts of the maps even in combat. 1000fps makes the pipes and rockets all jittery :D. I’m at 480 stable now, or pretty much I think I don’t check fps in midfights.

droso

o/

Quoted from Koeitje

Wtf Droso, I had to cap my fps because it kept going above a 1000 ([email protected]) on certain parts of the maps even in combat. 1000fps makes the pipes and rockets all jittery :D. I’m at 480 stable now, or pretty much I think I don’t check fps in midfights.

Chris told me I was doing something wrong.
No idea what it is though. :D

Ghostface

spire

Improved the framerate stuttering issues

They improved the stuttering?)))

Hat

the question is why would you want to get 400fps on 120hz monitors…..

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »