Forum

SKILL POLICE appreciation topic.

Created 24th November 2011 @ 02:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 12 Next »

rtan

-9w-

it’s more the fact people overrating themselves and sitting in the recruitment section for months on end never finding a team.

just drop the level you’re looking for and enjoy the game

octochris

(0v0)

I’d hardly call him a troll, pretty much every post I’ve seen him make so far seems to have had a rationale.

In fact, I agree with most of what he’s posted.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Man, I want to make a recruitment post so I can get rated!!

doks

Have you even seen a player in rec post searching for [put any div here] and thought – oh i have never ever heard of this guy and his team history looks shit – ok lets trial that guy. ?
well have your fun idc but it seems not to be the kind of stuff that can improve the community in any way.

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from doks

Have you even seen a player in rec post searching for [put any div here] and thought – oh i have never ever heard of this guy and his team history looks shit – ok lets trial that guy. ?
well have your fun idc but it seems not to be the kind of stuff that can improve the community in any way.

yeah I know teams who trial people just based on a recruitment, no harm in trying.

But then he doesn’t get picked up and keeps on looking, days turn into weeks weeks turn into months..

grimbar

Quoted from doks

If it makes at least one player reconsider how he presents his rec post it’s a win in my book – having said that, people who need rec posts in higher divisions seem to lack in networking skills

fun

SKILL POLICE

Quoted from grimbar

[…]

If it makes at least one player reconsider how he presents his rec post it’s a win in my book – having said that, people who need rec posts in higher divisions seem to lack in networking skills

http://files.sharenator.com/we_have_a_winner_RE_Bear_Grylls_has_caught_on-s600x250-179219.jpg

Tommeh

‹Con›

atleast he does a better job than turbomonkey :D

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

It’s mostly just people who have never actually played a season at that level. Dabbling around in some PCW’s, and especially mixes, accounts for nothing. Just stick in a team at the level below where you want to play and win the division to prove you are better than the rest of the division (we did that as TDR when we got put in div3, ended up winning even with a default loss due to a cheaters alt-account).

Last edited by Koeitje,

Skyride

DUCS

Well this is an account with potential.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from doks

[…]

so have people really become that lazy/retarded they cant tell that from his etf2l profile for themselves? do we need some troll to spam rec posts ?

and yeah i get that its fun for some but at the same time it might ruin a players chance to get even trialed at all :)

Your argument is: it’s obvious if you spend some time looking at his profile that he’s not div1. But don’t say it out loud because he might not get trials he doesn’t deserve!

I don’t know the guy at all but seems like a weird argument to make.

Ghostface

spire

This is actually very useful if done right. An official skill rating of sorts, done by others., not by the person searching. It would help them get an idea of where others think the person in question’s strength lies, because let’s face it. No matter how hard you think you can take the world on, it isn’t always like that.

RATE ME

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Here’s a comparison, Hildreth has played many seasons with LTG, went to LAN and took part in various cups, LTG are also div3/div2, Hildreth was also their best player.

He searches div2 which is spot on.

People like Tay & dummy (based on his god awful attitude)…No.

I’m also not biased because I hate Hildreth more than Tay and dummy.

Tbh seasons and officials show that you can work well with a team, especially as the higher you go up the more valuable team work is.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 12 Next »