Forum

Natasha buff, and scout update just around the corner

Created 28th January 2009 @ 03:20

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Akill

Well spotted to [FB]Jonni <3

http://www.teamfortress.com/

Natasha is getting a damage buff as well as a massively increased slowdown effect. Could this be what teams need to bring back the heavy? If natasha works more effectively could this be the end of scout assassinations? Could we see rocket jumping soldiers stopped before they go anywhere?

Perhaps the developers gave natasha this buff because of the upcoming scout update, figuring players would need a more realiable method to deal with the onslaught of the scatter gun replacement,

Read this quote, this is from Valve employees, the ones who know nothing of our 6v6 play ;)

“Balancing his replacement weapon has been very tricky due to large threat difference of the Scout between skilled and non-skilled hands. More on that soon.”

Yikes, even they see the potential of cunning scouts, perhaps more emphasis that the natasha buff is there to be an effective counter? We shall see soon!

J3

Ok ill have to record demos earlier then i thought…
I am already feeling lazy.
At least there will be cake in the end for me xD

KOVACS

What a fucking mess. I can only assume that a “massively increasd slowdown effect” means that it will basically stop things dead, it already slows enough, only the damage needs a tweak.

Puppets

lol out of this quot it sounds like scout will become a noob class … juhe … they want pubbers to play the class… but the skill required is to much for the pub

Crusa

Troopers

No, from that quote you can read that they can not give a buff for scout to make pubbers happy because that would be devastating in a hands of a good scout player.

toasty.

PHX

Ha ha scout limit 1? :P

Yoshi

vertex3

Closer to highlander every update :P

I’m looking forward to it, I miss heavy – though what will they do about Sasha, since Sasha should always win in heavy vs heavy.

veehell

-cavalier-

Highlander is fine :)))

Wiiking

Tomorrow’s update will fix that, and also includes a slight boost to the amount of slowdown she delivers.

not supermuch, just a little :P

Redman350

[FB]

“Well spotted to [FB]Jonni <3”

I’m the one who showed jonni….:(

perry

[MIPC]

“Could we see rocket jumping soldiers stopped before they go anywhere?”

I already do that!

remO

Natasha isnt getting a massive slow down buff, just more damage.

From what i can see, they made the wlodown more effective against light classes but not as effective against heavy classes.

Rez

BEC
B-pin

Highlander 7v7 rocks !

Add A Reply Pages: 1