Forum

Pro Well

Created 12th May 2008 @ 04:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Wlv

RaWr ::

I sometimes think Riemu is in my head! For once mr Riem I have to agree with everything you have said.

“I dont think it would make granary cp2 easier to defend if you had 3 additional big healthpacks.”

Medpacks can be crucial, especially for the medic.

If a defending medic eats a rocket while defending cp2, he will be low on health for quite a while, or untill he picks up a health pack, which makes attacking so much easier since the medic dies easier. The medic will be forced to either uber or run away.

While on well, the medic who eats a rocket while on the catwalk, will simply go and pick up a medpack and get some cover.

An optional way to fix well would be to add the possibility for soldiers and demos to rocketjump into the windows. Then the “main attackers” (medic and his pet) would still be forced to walk trough one of the two entrances, while the soldiers and demos have a greater chance to flank, force uber etc.

Riemu

element //

ESL|Paddel has some problems receiving his password, so he asked me to do the posting for him:

“I (for my self) don’t like pro_well. It’s mostly cause i like this main differences between gran/badlands and well – and the setup time is the most important one! It’s also my deep conviction that you should only change an official map if this is really really neccessary. You guys should always keep in mind that other games have been destroyed (or at least parted) from changing to many official things. Two weeks ago the decision about pro_granary was already done by the community: everybody wanted to keep old gran – therefor the leagues followed this way. Today we discuss cp_well, which is really a nice map as it is (honestly), and this discussion is much more parted than the granary one was. This is a sign for me to keep well as it is, as a different map to gran/badlands.

greetings,
Paddel

Mumm.lu

I completely agree with Paddel and just want to add that we should adapt our tactics to the maps and not adapt the maps to our tactics :P

appe

I think it’s fairly obvious Valve doesn’t care about the competetive scene, and if we want to keep the scene alive we have to take things into our own hands and make changes that benefit ourselves. I for one can’t count on Valve one bit, at least until they make some kind of statement saying that they do have plans for the competetive scene. Unlikely.

Mumm.lu

I think that Valve is actually listening to us. They already brought the mp_tournament and the stopwatch cvar. This is already more than I was used to in BF2 where EA didn´t care at all (even not fixing the bugs).

agron

Relic

imho the old well should be deleted from every harddrive in the world :p
but I think that having cp_pro_well and cp_well both in the map pool would be a decent choice too. I havent played the pro version yet but if I predict right the gameplay should be pretty different; they’re almost, almost, like 2 different maps then :p

keep them both in the map pool. Teams who like the setup time can choose the regular while teams who never ever play well because of the stupid setup timer, have now 1 more map to play :)

Riemu

element //

easy there cowboy

before adding anything to the mappool, the gameplay should be tested…

mihalch

[LOL]
[LOL]

how about to remove walls and ceil over cp2? ) this will makes battle field cp2 more open.

freshy

I don’t like the idea. Well is a great map as it is.

Silan

(Actual Size)

I must say i think setup time in well suck just as much as granary. The map would make much more sense with out the gates, instead of people just spamming over the trains. Folks says its dangerous to change too much, but we had to make rules about jumping over the trains – I think it makes more sense to remove the gates instead.
Also makes the map more strategic when it comes to building uber, and rj/pj forward.

Why doesnt some of the div1 teams talk together and plays a few friendly matches on pro_well, to see how it works out?

rezOnanceUK

Üb

I agree with Silan

M0re

GOOD IDEA IMHO

FrEaK `-.*'

lol good ninja bump more :p

agron

Relic

lolol

Remove gates from well, kkthx.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »