Forum

VanillaTV i43 Gravelpit Speed Run

Created 30th June 2011 @ 21:54

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

beta

RaWr ::

Hello,

To our listeners tonight you would of heard myself and AcidRenix (Arx) discuss the uses of quickfix. Well based on that, we have come up with a little fun game to play.

Gravelpit Speedrun!

The aim? 6 players capture all 3 CP’s as fast as possible against NO OPPOSITION Purely fastest time wins!

Why? I am curious to see if the old records of around 1 minute 40 seconds can be broken since the new updates. Yes I know this will be considerably faster without opposition.

How? Using standard class limits and ALL UNLOCKS your team must capture all 3 CP’s of gravelpit and record the fastest time of the weekend.

Rules (still a bit sketchy):

– Time must be recorded at i43
– Standard class limits
– No cheating…this is for fun.
– Screenshots! Preferably someone independant from the team.
– You will need someone to sit in on the other team to start the match (this could be the person that screenshots)

More rules to follow

Winners will receive something, we aren’t sure yet but maybe a round of drinks (tbc)

Any questions? Ask me and Arx in #vanillatv or #etf2l

Remember, this is for fun and as such I will not tolerate any cheating or photoshopping or what not :)

Thoughts and suggestions below,

Cheers

Last edited by beta,

AcidReniX

Expecting after a couple of rounds, the times will get to within seconds of each other, when people determine the fastest routes etc…

Should be interesting :)

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

1min 40? Hmm.

Our old Vertex (Stinson Edition) team, managed 1min 24 (84 seconds) for ABC against Sektor in a league game. I’m trying to find the match page as I can’t remember if it was ETF2L or ESL.

It was stupidly fast and silly though – so I thought it could be done a lot faster than 1min 40!

AnimaL

cool idea

alfa

You can cap A in under 30 sec with paintrains, so it should be pretty fast.

Looking forward for the results!

Last edited by alfa,

Vince

BiG

3 paintrain, rocket and sticky jumpers.

Medic with quick fix runs with the scouts.

Get x5 and x6 on A and B. Demo should start going before its capped to start the C cap immediately.

NoJu

8D

Quoted from Vince

Get x5 and x6 on A and B. Demo should start going before its capped to start the C cap immediately.

EDIT: NOPE

Last edited by NoJu,

randa

Quoted from NoJu

[…]

Cap speed can’t go above x4

Yes it can.

WOODY[

Op4

Quoted from randa

[…]

Yes it can.

pretty sure its capped at x4

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

after x4 it increases capspeed much slower then the first 4.

Quoted from d2m

1min 40? Hmm.

Our old Vertex (Stinson Edition) team, managed 1min 24 (84 seconds) for ABC against Sektor in a league game. I’m trying to find the match page as I can’t remember if it was ETF2L or ESL.

It was stupidly fast and silly though – so I thought it could be done a lot faster than 1min 40!

That was a wireplay match, iirc.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from randa

[…]

Yes it can.

the speed of cap does not increase after 4x players

A and B cap with x4 caps @ 28.800 seconds
C cap with x 4 caps @ 5 .759 seconds

after x4 makes no difference

edit: lol it does

Last edited by Si^,

NoJu

8D

nvm, was thinking of cart speeds for some fucking reason.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

1 scout A 1 soldier with pain train A
1 soldier with pain train B demo with pain train B
1 scout and medic C

most efficient cap speeds imo.

AcidReniX

no point in running players to C straight at the start, it’s still going to take you 30 odd seconds to cap. A/B which means players would be waiting at C. You would need to judge it to have players leave a cap point to arrive on C as A and B fully cap :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »