Forum

Pointer Precision

Created 23rd January 2009 @ 21:12

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Mirelin

alus

Could somebody tell me something about this thing? Is there a chance to doo good airshoots for demoman as 1ST Weapon with this thing? This is acceleration, as some people told me. You can enable this in windows, Control Panel, Mouse Settings.

Waebi

‹Con›

seemed to move “more” accurate for me as medic when doing a bit faster turns. Had to get used to it though…

Rele

mouse acceleration is probably the worst thing you can have in gaming. I wouldnt recommend it.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Mouse accel is fine if not superior if you play with it constantly, but the general school of thought is that you will suck more coming in cold as you need to “find your groove” with a lengthy warmup.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Mouse accel is nothing bad. Nothing bad at all.

It’s more preferance and style.

I don’t use mouse acceleration as personally I’m not a big fan. I get too wound up by missing so I far prefer to be consistent. But from past gaming with other players I know it certainly can be something to utilize.

Mouse accel takes time to learn as you have a new aspect to mouse movement. Instead of just learning how sensitive your mouse is you have to learn how fast to move it and at which speed gives the best performance. It certainly makes snap shots harder.

If you have the activity and the time then mouse accel is great but from what I’ve seen most players who use it our less consistent then ones without and need a warmup to really get into the groove.

However it can be useful if you like a high sense but still want accuracy or if you like a low sense but still want to be doing those 180’s on your mousepad.

It’s definately worth a try but remember to give it atleast a week of play before making your mind as it takes time (and effort) to get used to!

Waebi

‹Con›

it’s not accel, it’s pointer precision iirc.

Jh

Hey dats!

its accel

you silly

san-

h.

I tried playing demo without mouse acc. in tf2 and I couldent. Never liked mouse acc. in any other fps but in this one i prefer it.

Mirelin

alus

well, look’s like mouse acceleration isn’t shit. Just need to play, if you want be good with it :D . Okay, okay, i hope my 110 hours in 2 weeks of gaming TF2 will be enought, to play good with it. Thanks for comments

Add A Reply Pages: 1