Forum

Death is upon us.

Created 24th June 2011 @ 02:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

M24_

don’t understand the fuss this is a great way to encourage people from other games to try tf2

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

Quoted from M24_

don’t understand the fuss this is a great way to encourage people from other games to try tf2

yeah there’s some great f2p games out there such as…… oh wait….

KrullkrigareN^

nandos

Quoted from Old_Grandma

[…]

yeah there’s some great f2p games out there such as…… oh wait….

Well, LoL is working out quite well, isn’t it? Not that I play it, but alot of people do. And I don’t see any problem with it.

Fuck The Police

Ghostface

spire

Can’t believe I paid 10 euros for this shit.

Last edited by Ghostface,

Gideon

Quoted from KrullkrigareN^

[…]

Well, LoL is working out quite well, isn’t it? Not that I play it, but alot of people do. And I don’t see any problem with it.

Fuck The Police

CHEATERS. NO PROTECTION FROM FKIN CHEATERS. ONLY WAY TO CHEAT IN LOL – MAPHACK, WHICH MEANS NOT 100% ADVANTAGE. BUT IN TF2 U CAN BE UNDEAD KRITMACHINE FOR FREE!

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I don’t see why this is a bad thing if you care about competitive TF2 – increases the player base on a game that was slowly losing people. Perhaps comp TF2 can benefit – obviously public TF2 will become more bullshit and hackers can continuously make new accounts and get TF2 but TF2 isn’t the first multi player fps to become free to play.

Basically lots of opportunities here to help the game and only a few small negatives which you have to deal with.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Most of these hackers will show up in the lower divisions. So all I can say is get good :PP

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

Quoted from Hildreth

I don’t see why this is a bad thing if you care about competitive TF2 – increases the player base on a game that was slowly losing people. Perhaps comp TF2 can benefit – obviously public TF2 will become more bullshit and hackers can continuously make new accounts and get TF2 but TF2 isn’t the first multi player fps to become free to play.

Basically lots of opportunities here to help the game and only a few small negatives which you have to deal with.

So you are saying pubs will be full of hackers while comp not? Explain.

Now valve paved the way for hack creation (larger base of creators since its a free game after all) and testing hacks are harmless since its easy to avoid bans = more quality h4x.

AnimaL

Quoted from Koeitje

Most of these hackers will show up in the lower divisions. So all I can say is get good :PP

gl mixin at 3am then

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8e2ujXe8g

catman

Last edited by catman,

catman

Video interview with general marketing derector of blizard about f2p tf2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYoWpw3SvRE&feature=player_detailpage#t=0s

Also check id software about f2p tf2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BIBuy4mPNI&feature=player_detailpage#t=132s

Last edited by catman,

jonii

fm-eSportstf2

Quoted from Ghostface

Can’t believe I paid 10 euros for this shit.

I paid 30 :D

Other than that, everything has been said. I can understand it from valve’s point of view, once they introduced the random drops and realized people would idle (even downloading a 3rd party program to do it) to get them, it’s been all about making more money out of idiots that want more funny looking pixels on their characters.

is tf2 dead? pub surely isn’t and now it’s going to get somewhat better, as for comp tf2, most of all, it depends on people ACTUALLY playing the game instead of just whining and having that whole “cba” attitude (hi finns), if people don’t make an effort to play it, yea, it will die :D

vøid

f2p = more noobs, more cheaters, more money for valve, more noobs to scam, more profits for pr0 traders, and a superbe hat for old playerd ( rofl )

also this wide range of new weapons will certainly bump the debate about unlocks in league.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from KrullkrigareN^

[…]

Fuck The Police

LoL is doing pretty well as a game, but the competitive scene is a bit iffy for main 2 reasons, 1) There’s literally not a spectator mode at all (its in the works) and 2) it’s generally agreed that it has a much lower skill ceiling that HoN. However neither of these are really to do with it being an F2P game, I think that in a lot of respects is actually helping it.

To be honest though, this update.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whatever, I don’t see how it’s going to kill or help TF2. If TF2 dies, it’ll be because a lot of people spent a lot of time whining without getting anything constructive done, or you know, even playing the game for that matter, I doubt this will even factor into the equation.

Just play dudes, I think it’s clear TF2 is over the hill, just chill out and enjoy it for what it is.

Last edited by Skyride,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »