Forum

New TF2 stuff: map type, maps, and... classes?

Created 22nd January 2009 @ 01:45

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Akill

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_185/5668-Storming-the-Fortress.2

It appears valve are in the works for big updates, includnig a new map type. which i doubt will effect us at all. However as well as class updates apparently there are designs floating about for new classes. Possible this wont effect us much either, or will it? Its been difficult for TF2 at the moment with so much fluidity through our teams. Lets hope that whatever valve do to tf2 we can recieve it in the best possible manner

p.s. i love the highlighted quote “our internal expectation is that we are to be driven by the players themselves” … Its clear they dont visit our end of TF2, isnt it? :P

BvD

flowerpower/

Look: http://image.fpsbanana.com/ss/news/267.jpg It sais on the cereal box: Collect all 10 tf2 classes. hint hint hint?

I’m looking forward to the update btw, I just hope it doesn’t screw up the nice gameplay we have now.

Chubbsta

Impressive investigation skill! :)

Will be interesting to see what they do dream up though. Any idea’s what direction they may take with the new class?

Renegade

Imperial

A new class is a long way off…

Yoshi

vertex3

VIP VIP VIP! Hunted, useless in tourneys but a laugh none-the-less.

Be interesting to see the scout update.

J3

from what I read, ther will be no vip and hunted since he refered to that mode as the payload maps, he just said that payload was a tweak from the former hunted.
So I would say that this will be really impressive, I am waiting for wtever comes from those great minds of valve. Dont know if anyone noticed that he said “soon” that means when duke nukem goes gold…. so dont stand awake w8ting. =)

bvd where did u got that pic I want to see that on mat_picmip -10 and ingame =)

edit: I just realised there is no such thing in l4d, anyone knows how to set texture quality ther? without menu.

RaCio

GoT²

If I remember well, you can find it in the first building in the no mercy campaign of l4d.
However I don’t think there will be a 10th class anytime soon.

ilike2spin

RLM

10th class is civilian!

BvD

flowerpower/

i got that pic off fpsbanana

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

shit, need to record demo’s!

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

so this update will stop current demos from working right?

J3

It is almost certain, u should record all demos to avi asap, they usually warn 1week before each update goes out. But who knows…

Renegade

Imperial

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=790095

There is still some work going into the next update for Team Fortress 2. We were hoping to have this out this week, but with the extra testing we need to do, the update has been pushed back to early next week. This update will include the timeout fix during map change.

Jason

next week? wow we are only 1 month away!

RaCio

GoT²

They are probably not talking about the scout update there.
Last update they promoted the update on teamfortress.com and other sites long before they released it.

Jh

Hey dats!

yea imma quit this moviemaking shit cos every time i get to editing stage all the demos are fucked so i cant do camming shit

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »