Forum

Getting dizzy from playing TF2..wtf?

Created 11th May 2011 @ 21:21

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Dekken

So, since I bought a new computer, I also get myself a new monitor.
Dell U2311H.
And now everytime that I am playing TF2 I am getting dizzy. seriously dizzy, I thought it was motion blur, it is disabled.
I don’t experience this in any other game that I have played.
I assume it has something to do with the monitor’s ms. but why do I experience this only in TF2?!

Hmm..

IPZIE

SUAVE

motion sickness monitor framerate random words i dont know you will see goodbye

hans

Don’t worry, you’re just growing old.

minimoose

http://www.digitalversus.com/dell-u2311h-p357_8953_88.html

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

apparently some FOV’s can cause motion sickness. what is your set at?

eXtreaL

This probably has to do with the maximum refresh rate of your monitor or hertz settings within your OS.

Greg

Go outside or lay down before you play. Used to work for me (but then again I’m pretty much blind in one eye anyway).

Dekken

Quoted from BoneS

apparently some FOV’s can cause motion sickness. what is your set at?

viewmodel_fov “75”?

Quoted from eXtreaL

This probably has to do with the maximum refresh rate of your monitor or hertz settings within your OS.

I am locked to 60hz, unless I lower the resolution, then I can go for 75.

Quoted from Greg

Go outside or lay down before you play. Used to work for me (but then again I’m pretty much blind in one eye anyway).

I have actually tried that, I also came back home after not touching the computer all day, and I had the same reaction..so I do not think it is my eyes getting tired or something similar.

Reload

BiG
BiG

Give yourself some time to get used to your new monitor, it’ll go away soon enough. Just limit the amount of time you play in a row/take regular (longer) breaks

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

You’ll get used to it.
Happens every time I am playing on my laptop without my 24″ screen :)

Dekken

Yea, I guess I really need to get used to it.
I remembered that I was playing Fallout: New Vegas the other day, and I really got sick, was sweating, and feeling disoriented. NEVER THIS GAME AGAIN!

_Ben

;?

Differential diagnosis people!!!!!!!

Ramown

TIDS

Last time I had this, turned out I need glasses.
gogo eyetest

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

One really important thing you should do. Drink water while you’re playing. there are shitloads of people who dont drink water over large time periods. If you’re dehydrated you might get dizzy, or tired. or less focused.

Best advice out there. take a few seconds to relax. grab some water. Then have fun playing.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Shouldn’t you check with a doctor what it is? I mean, I’m sure everyone here means well, but I never heard about people dizzling behind a screen. Dont think it’s supposed to happen.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »