Forum

NA vs. EU: My Conclusion

Created 19th April 2011 @ 14:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 Next »

N/A

RaWr ::

Quoted from harbleu

this thread is awful. from playing w/ rawr and x6 i find the top levels of both scenes pretty close. the playstyle is a bit different though with american style being a lot more suicide and pick oriented while the eu side relies more on coordinated pushes. not saying this is how it is or one style is better than the other, just my view on things.

no-one asked for your opinion or cares about it, now fuck off before i beat you up

Waebi

‹Con›

nice bait btw, Josh. Few guys manage to make others rage-write 11 pages in such a short time.

minimoose

I don’t know about you guys, but the only people posting seriously are saying that the play styles differ and who knows which scene has a higher skill level.

The exception is the mega-rage machine Alfa, and he is just getting trolled by the most obvious troll posts I have ever seen.

I still maintain that my previous comment should have ended the thread.

ups

Quoted from alfa

So when you get 2 euros saying the NA scene is better you should take their word for it.

I hope you are not serious with this sentence.

Quoted from pyyyour

http://www.esportsea.com/index.php?s=stats&d=match&id=2168900

stats and download of iDemise versus Area 51 (ESEA-IM Lower Bracket Finals)

“most epic match of all season”

Downloaded, watched it throught. A lot of aggressive pushes, some of them made in a disadvantage with very predictable outcome unless someone goes huge. Can’t say it’s not enjoyable at times, but would honestly prefer any somewhat exciting eu match over this.

I might be misjudging. Are there any VODs on some other interesting NA scene matches lying around?

Quoted from alfa

Slow? I can’t even tell you how many times in EU both teams are blocked from pushing because they have no idea what to do (stalemates at granary second – mid). In NA we just wipe everyone at mid so our games go faster and we play until 5 caps instead of 6 or 7 like you do. We also don’t have a time limit so we can see which is the best team, not just gay the last point so we can buy more time and win the game (such a shameful way to win just from abusing the time limit).

Lower overall skill? Look at your main league ETF2L and at your divisions. I can say you have more bad teams then we have in NA. We might have a smaller community but we are more united for sure.

Well at least people here in EU aren’t assholes and forfeit matches like they do there. What the american scene will never have, is probably respect for the game itself. I mean we LAN for fun not for money like ESEA does.

If a team gets wiped at mid, what stalemates at the yard area can there be? Stalemates usually happen if a significant amount of people manage to fall back from mid, when they see that the mid battle hasn’t gone to their favor. If this doesn’t happen often in the NA scene, it just shows that the players there are dedicated to going “all in” and getting them important picks, which is a very dangerous game since it can cost you a round.

The winlimit 5 setting seems really interesting to me, but I wouldn’t trash timelimit 30 if I were you. Sure, there are matches, where timelimit is heavily exploited (Button Bashers vs Epsilon at etf2l finals on obscure anyone?), but for the most part it gets really exciting towards the end, when it’s a race against the clock. Plus, the timelimit is there to limit the game time, as most of us have other everyday life obligations besides playing a fun cartoony game.

Not gonna address the fact that the eu community is a mess right now, because unfortunately that’s the way it is due to different opinions on the unlock rules. I do hope someday we can sit down together and eat a vanilla-flavored cake.

Last edited by ups,

broesel

LAME

Quoted from ups

and eat a vanilla-flavored cake.

:D

Tawks

Quoted from ups

someday we can sit down together and eat a vanilla-flavored cake.

gj m8 :D

demsii

EPA

I do hope someday we can sit down together and eat a vanilla-flavored cake.

I prefer chocolate cake.

vani

Bully

Quoted from ups

[…]
eat a vanilla-flavored cake

gay

demsii

EPA

Quoted from vani

[…]

gay

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/natural-harvest—a-collection-of-semen-based-recipes/5198959

You brought out a cookbook?

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from demsii

[…]

I prefer chocolate cake.

fatty

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from demsii

[…]

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/natural-harvest—a-collection-of-semen-based-recipes/5198959

You brought out a cookbook?

more like a cockbook

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

So we get a showmatch out of this? Sounds like a good opportunity for the two scenes to showcase their talent and come together and have some fun.
Arguing about what scene is the best is pretty pointless since the only conclusive proof would be a LAN with both sides participating, which will never happen, and even then the event would probably be won by some Korean team who plays the game when they need a break from Starcraft.

The American scene is awesome and so is the Australian and European. Can’t we all just love each other?

Just kidding! The fat American pigs are going to get rolled!

aw no, one of your best soldiers is gonna get arrested for stealing :((((

Last edited by Shintaz,

AnimaL

Quoted from Shintaz

aw no, one of your best soldiers is gonna get arrested for stealing :((((

there are plenty left

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]there are plenty left

Seems as if NA teams switch players after every season. It’s like the Pokemon trading card game.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 Next »