Forum

The Scenario

Created 22nd March 2011 @ 16:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »

Dummy

Quoted from N/A

[…]

I never said they did you Dummy, and believe me these so called “top teams” have ragequit against us enough times recently for me to understand the reasons they arn’t willing to play in ETF2L

aight. dont agree that just because they do not want to play in the league they shouldnt be allowed to post on the forums, they havent “shunned” the community. they shunned the admins and their decisions, but besides this forums are free anyone can post on them and it should remain that way :u

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
aight. dont agree that just because they do not want to play in the league they shouldnt be allowed to post on the forums, they havent “shunned” the community. they shunned the admins and their decisions, but besides this forums are free anyone can post on them and it should remain that way :u

This. The players boycotting this season have the same right to post about this as Joske does to demand they go away.

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from randa

[…]

Its more the fact you use the retarded pain train, and troll for no reason but meh you guys are probably just too good for everyone.

yeeah dont troll with pain train! :D

N/A

RaWr ::

Quoted from Dummy

[…]

hmm i think u have misunderstood me, doesn’t matter. Ofcourse they have shunned the community, they have unsuccesfully tried to boycott the biggest league TF2, making it a worse league/less competitive league, that doesn’t effect the admins, it effects the players! It really hasn’t had the effect they hoped for but my point was that if they are to discuss how to improve/change the game they should be willing to play in a league with a few unlocks without qqing.

Last edited by N/A,

choiie

keso

Quoted from mvp.

I dont see a problem.

Dummy

Quoted from N/A

[…]

hmm i think u have misunderstood me, doesn’t matter. Ofcourse they have shunned the community, they have unsuccesfully tried to boycott the biggest league TF2, making it a worse league/less competitive league, that doesn’t effect the admins, it effects the players! It really hasn’t had the effect they hoped for but my point was that if they are to discuss how to improve/change the game they should be willing to play in a league with a few unlocks without qqing.

isnt it a bit hypocritical to say it wont affect (not effect =p) anyone, then say it will
about the last lines:
” if they are to discuss how to improve/change the game they should be willing to play in a league with a few unlocks without qqing”
why should they be willing to play in a league whose ruleset they dont like to be able to discuss the improvement of the game? OP is not saying to ETF2L to do something about the issue unlike in the unlocks discussion, hes talking about the game itself
90% of people who play in ETF2L are below div 3, the fact that the top 2, maybe 3 at a stretch divs have fucked up (when compared to previous seasons) tables doesnt affect them. they dont even loose the spectator value these games had, theyre still being played except its called ESL week 1, not ETF2L week

N/A

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
isnt it a bit hypocritical to say it wont affect (not effect =p) anyone, then say it will
about the last lines:
” if they are to discuss how to improve/change the game they should be willing to play in a league with a few unlocks without qqing”
why should they be willing to play in a league whose ruleset they dont like to be able to discuss the improvement of the game? OP is not saying to ETF2L to do something about the issue unlike in the unlocks discussion, hes talking about the game itself
90% of people who play in ETF2L are below div 3, the fact that the top 2, maybe 3 at a stretch divs have fucked up (when compared to previous seasons) tables doesnt affect them. they dont even loose the spectator value these games had, theyre still being played except its called ESL week 1, not ETF2L week

why should they be willing to play in a league whose ruleset they dont like to be able to discuss the improvement of the game?

The players you’re talking about have completely lost touch with the game and are overwhelmed by the unlocks allowed in etf2l and struggle against teams that are adopting different tactics with these unlocks. How can they talk about improving the game if they don’t even understand the differences between using some unlocks and vanilla? Also if TF2 with ETF2L rules is so different to vanilla TF2, like these players say, then this entire thread is completely useless.

I never said the OP is asking ETF2L to change something, don’t know where you are getting this from.. :s

I don’t understand what you said in the last part of your reply.

ps: it’s lose* (not loose =p)

Dummy

Quoted from N/A

[…]

why should they be willing to play in a league whose ruleset they dont like to be able to discuss the improvement of the game?

The players you’re talking about have completely lost touch with the game and are overwhelmed by the unlocks allowed in etf2l and struggle against teams that are adopting different tactics with these unlocks. How can they talk about improving the game if they don’t even understand the differences between using some unlocks and vanilla? Also if TF2 with ETF2L rules is so different to vanilla TF2, like these players say, then this entire thread is completely useless.

I never said the OP is asking ETF2L to change something, don’t know where you are getting this from.. :s

I don’t understand what you said in the last part of your reply.

ps: it’s lose* (not loose =p)

what I was saying in the last part was that the lower division players arent affected by the departure of the prem teams i.e. they loose nothing.

a) however out of touch they a(re)ppear theyre still good players who won a lot of both vanilla and non vanilla tourneys and stuff, b) im not sure what you mean when you say they struggle against teams using unlocks, since PCWs dont mean a dime and theyve won plenty of both vanilla and non vanilla tourneys.
as far as im aware the only top prem team who are either neutral/pro-unlocks, BB, won only just recently their first LAN at which only 1 ‘proper’ prem team was present :d

Spike Himself

TC

stop it, spelling nazi is my job

N/A

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
what I was saying in the last part was that the lower division players arent affected by the departure of the prem teams i.e. they loose nothing.

a) however out of touch they a(re)ppear theyre still good players who won a lot of both vanilla and non vanilla tourneys and stuff, b) im not sure what you mean when you say they struggle against teams using unlocks, since PCWs dont mean a dime and theyve won plenty of both vanilla and non vanilla tourneys.
as far as im aware the only top prem team who are either neutral/pro-unlocks, BB, won only just recently their first LAN at which only 1 ‘proper’ prem team was present :d

“pcw don’t mean a dime” Ok I think that’s where this conversation can stop, anyone who actually thinks that is an idiot.

Spike Himself

TC

it doesnt mean “a dime”, it means “practice clan war”, last time i checked

either way, it wouldnt make sense to abbreviate “a dime” as “pwc”..

(sorry, im bored)

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Let’s try to come back to the topic please…

Quoted from Darn

Is the following: You are leading 1-0 and win the middlefight on say granary. 8min left and 1 billion dollars for the winner. Right, yet cowardly play here would be not to push, just turtle CP3 as it is easy to defend.

It is not very entertaining to spectate nor play. So the few decent solutions for this stalemate we had.

1. The team who holds CP3 will have their uber % slowly fade after few minutes if not used.

2. Roundtime to 3-5 minutes.

Obviously this is not really a problem yet, but I could see it becoming as one in the near future.

What problems you see with the solutions we came up or do you think the team holding the middle should turtle. Discuss please!

Dummy

Quoted from N/A

[…]

“pcw don’t mean a dime” Ok I think that’s where this conversation can stop, anyone who actually thinks that is an idiot.

pcw results* if you want to be idiotically precise and be treated like you cant read into lines

RaCio

GoT²

The team holding cp2 should man up and push then. They shouldn’t have a significant spawn disadvantage compared to if the team holding cp3 would be attacking.

If you’d want to fix anything, reduce the capture times of the middle point to match or get closer to that of cp2.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Interesting discussion!

Pretty much why I like American rules ^_^

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »