Created 9th January 2009 @ 09:15

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Riemu

element //

Hey,

has anyone playtested this map yet?

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/62848

Made by Vilepickle (Great Mapper), Remake of the Original QWTF Canalzone

Domination Map System – the more CPs you hold, the more points you’ll get over time

Can this mode work in TF2? It used to rock in TFC…

Feedback

ydor

[eLD]

We played a round on a public server, was great fun, but half the ppl didn’t know the map layout, or rather 2/3 and everyone but 3 or 4 oldschool players were whining.

I think it can work, but it’s difficult because of the vast layout and the medic dependancy of most teams teamwork. Would be worthwhile to test it though in organized gaming.., 6 vs 6 might be too small though, I think cz requires at least 8vs8, rather more than less.

Riemu

element //

I haven’t downloaded the map yet (Since im still at work what light pointed out so nicely), but judging from the map layout on the screenshot (FPSBanana) i would say the team size isn’t really that important.

Scouts will generally have to control the enemy scouts / outcap them on the outline CPs, while the rest of the team controls the middle area.

Should be interesting in a normal clangame envirement…

EDIT: If you tweak the respawn waves accordingly (ie. instant respawn) you could even outbalance the 8vs8+ dependancy (if it actually is there)

Jarppa

Feacon

If you tweak the respawn waves accordingly (ie. instant respawn) you could even outbalance the 8vs8+ dependancy (if it actually is there)

FYI there is instant respawn in that map. :) Wouldn’t like if there wouldn’t be, i have played it on our public server and it looks so sad if game is played in 6v6, since it’s so large map. It’s good map but needs always more and more people to play it.

Luckily, map is just 10 megabytes so people can download it pretty fast… But then, i’ve heard that many people don’t like gametype either map, it’s fun with scouts but with other classes.. No.

ydor

[eLD]

Yes, if I remember right it was done as instant-spawn map, which is good, as it was like that in QWTF as well.

But the map is really really big. And while fighting for middle can be the deciding factor, you also have to guard your own warehouse-entrance and fight on the flanks and for the cps surrounding the fountain, while still guarding the points you own.

CZ was designed as a 10 vs 10 map in QWTF-times, it was often even played 12 vs 12, so 6 vs 6 is really low to play on such a big map, 6v6 is designed for linear maps, where the remaining cps that are not fought over are locked.

I think it would be great to hold a fun-cup on CZ on 10v10 or at least 8v8. Interested ppl could form teams for that, as I guess some ppl in the existing clans can’t be made participate.

But please without classlimits, or loosened classlimits.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Symmetry please!!

Norris

cz2 was cool. it was fast paced action in tfc 8v8 / 9v9. lots of different tactics worked. cappoint defences, freestyle fragging. or just sneaky outcapping. i’m unsure how it will work in tf2 because of the lack players and conc grenades! but I’d love to see such a map again as a stalemate breaker :)

Yoshi

vertex3

Looks great, possibly the closest that TFC gets to the modern form of cp gameplay. I’d love to give it a go.

Vlijm

UbeR |

fb wins, they have over 20 players

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

gr8 map

Defur

Awesome map i tell you, :O

Add A Reply Pages: 1