Forum

New nice-servers dm server for Pro's only

Created 4th February 2011 @ 18:10

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 Next »

erratic

To be honest, the difference between div 2 and div 3 dm is so minimal that you wouldnt notice it, atleast i dont :) but i dont care about all this shit anymore, the servers wont get overpopulated anyways :)

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from AcidReniX

The whole point of this server though is that players are playing people of equal skill, making the game more enjoyable for everyone involved, and giving everyone an effective ‘warm up’ for the matches they have later.

While the low skill players want to play with the high skill players so that they improve, the high skill players won’t want to sit around all day and role over everyone, come into their match thinking they are well warmed up, and then get stomped because actually, the people who they were fighting couldn’t move properly. The high skill players simply won’t play there which in turn means those lower skilled players aren’t getting that benefit of practising against higher level players anyway…

If you have a Prem – div 2 server. Those div 2 and div 1 players get this magic ‘improvement time’. The prem players are happy because they are playing against good players. Everyone wins who are in those divisions listed above… So it is a good idea. If you can’t play there because you’re not in div 0, 1 or 2, then so what? It’s the same as them adding a password to the server and inviting a bunch of players around their skill level to have a ‘private’ game. No one would moan because all the prem players are playing in a passworded server… they are just complaining because they feel they are excluded.

This isn’t about excluding everyone else from the server, it is just about providing an environment that some players enjoy. Many times I’ve been on a public, completely stomping it up, and I’ve been asked to leave because a lot of the casual games are simply not enjoying it. They prefer to play against players at their own skill level.

This post might be a bit of a mess, because I moved stuff around in it. I’m sure you get the point though. On a side note, I just made a DM server, if anyone wants to play on it :)

10 slots + STV auto recording to catch hackers!!
RaWr Gaming – Death Match Server
dm.puwpuw.net:27016

nice

franco

Quoted from AcidReniX

snip

ye i kno, i said the server was fine. if people want to play against their own level thats cool. but just dont get too carried away with it, separating the community isnt the goal of servers like this but its a side effect.

Memento Mori

It won’t separate the community any more than it has been since the game began.

Spike Himself

TC

An 8 slot DM server is hardly going to separate the community..

Last edited by Spike Himself,

minimoose

I will be making a 100 slot dm server for prem, 1 & 2.

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/052/812/original/Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif?1275684729

Lj

pH.

Quoted from AcidReniX

10 slots + STV auto recording to catch hackers!!
RaWr Gaming – Death Match Server
dm.puwpuw.net:27016

Could you configure this a little. At the moment there are no classlimits, all classes allowed and all unlocks.

Square

188.40.102.206:20600
8 slots, DE located, 1000fps

30% hp + regen on kill
ammo on kill
no unlocks
2 scout/sol/demo limit
1 sniper limit

Don’t mad at me, it’s my old team warserver, just feeling to share.

Last edited by Square,

Hat

Quoted from minimoose

I will be making a 100 slot dm server for prem, 1 & 2.

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/052/812/original/Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif?1275684729

i used to think you were cool :(

minimoose

Quoted from Hat

[…]

i used to think you were cool :(

you still do bro <3

franco

Quoted from Spike Himself

An 8 slot DM server is hardly going to separate the community..

wow are you even capable of even reading what i wrote properly

N/A

RaWr ::

Guys seriously I’m really struggeling to keep up on this server, can you open a div4-div6 dm server for me and my tf2 mates please :/

Square

Quoted from N/A

Guys seriously I’m really struggeling to keep up on this server, can you open a div4-div6 dm server for me and my tf2 mates please :/

http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-15533/page-14/?recent=276908#post-276694

huhystah

Updated the server.

Now only Premier, Division 1 and 2 players can enter :)

Martn

Quoted from huhystah

Updated the server.

Now only Premier, Division 1 and 2 players can enter :)

NICE WORK HUHY, TAKING THE NL TEST SERVER AND RESTRICTING IT TO ‘You need to play in ETF2L division 2 or higher to play on this server’

G fucking GEEEE

also -> =D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 Next »