Forum

[Videos for newbies] Different demoman rollouts in competitive maps.

Created 22nd December 2010 @ 10:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Extremer

The point of the double sticky jump is that you’ll be much faster than the enemy demoman and sticky him in, it’s also likely that the scout who usually jumps on the point from bottom won’t have time to react and will get at least one sticky on his face leaving him at half health.
After that, you can fall back a bit to get heals and reload while your soldiers jump in. By the time they land you should have enough health and ammo to come in and spam the fuck out of the enemy team while they focus on getting the soldiers down.

Obviously this is the perfect scenario, you probably will have to improvise a bit during a game.

Last edited by Extremer,

Koala

Added some videos for other maps, will upload the rest when I’ll be bored again:)

dauk

granary rollouts are terribly wrong, ull end up with very few hp if ull do it like you do on your vid. You put sticky too late and jump to high. I personally prefer to put my sticky asap when i leave the first door so it would drop off the “buff damage”. Same with the rest of jumps.

Koala

Quoted from dauk

granary rollouts are terribly wrong, ull end up with very few hp if ull do it like you do on your vid. You put sticky too late and jump to high. I personally prefer to put my sticky asap when i leave the first door so it would drop off the “buff damage”. Same with the rest of jumps.

Kinda don’t agree to you:) Placing sticky too early often could cause crippled jumps first of all and jumping in this height won’t take you so much damage, and will give you better chance to do jump properly and fast.
And if you want to complain about freight’s first jump too, I suppose you won’t get enough overheal from medic before that place:)

Last edited by Koala,

octochris

(0v0)

If these rollouts are any good, why the fuck are you using hurtme -99999?

dauk

Quoted from Koala

[…]

Kinda don’t agree to you:) Placing sticky too early often could cause crippled jumps first of all and jumping in this height won’t take you so much damage, and will give you better chance to do jump properly and fast.
And if you want to complain about freight’s first jump too, I suppose you won’t get enough overheal from medic before that place:)

I was talking about granary ones you did wrong , freight is one jump and then walk for me.

Koala

Quoted from octochris

If these rollouts are any good, why the fuck are you using hurtme -99999?

Cuz on game you have 260hp overheal instead of 175?

Last edited by Koala,

Koala

Quoted from dauk

[…]

I was talking about granary ones you did wrong , freight is one jump and then walk for me.

Idk I feel more comfortable in granary doing jumps a bit higher to make sure they are properly enough.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Koala

[…]

Get a medic to help you make the vids!

dauk

Quoted from Koala

[…]

hurtme – eighty five ;d

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Koala

[…]

hurtme -85

DAMN DATS HARD

Koala

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Get a medic to help you make the vids!

haha :D

others, gl with flame:}

Oh Chris..
1) Show more skills of flaming;]
2) http://www.sendspace.com/file/og1w3l here is the jumps in granary with 260overheal, I left like ~140+ hp (IN YOUR FACE CHRIS AND DAUK :P). Some of jumps maybe fail but I didn’t want to record more times than 1. Anyway, they are about the same height. Btw it’s .dem file, was too lazy to record it:)

Last edited by Koala,

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

For me having literally just switched to demo after always having played Scout/Soldier, these videos helped a lot. Especially the Badlands one did, as your sticky locations a re a lot easier to handle than the other ones I’ve seen till now. (for example most people put a sticky on the wall at spawn).

So thanks :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/cooletom?feature=mhum

just finished my series today D;

pollos

HADES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjC-LHt7WxA&feature=player_embedded
faster gullywash rollout

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »