Forum

TFTrue 2.8

Created 30th December 2008 @ 10:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 29 30 31 ... 41 Next »

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

If Valve care about TF2 as a competitive game I’d expect to see static damage, a reversal of the soldier self damage nerf and the balancing of the heavy and demo class (the heavy being underpowered and the demoman being overpowered).

It remains to be seen what comes along with the scout patch, the worry is if they see the scout as weak in mass spammy pub games they’ll buff it to a point which will make stupidly powerful in 6on6 games.

TF2 is over a year old and in terms of balance the game has never been so skewed, credit to the TFTrue guys and supporters for at least trying to make TF2 competitive.

Merky

The other problem is the class balance that will be affected by implementing static damage. The easiest example would be with the sniper rifle.

When fully charged the sniper rifle has a 50% chance of body-shotting a full hp medic. In TFtrue that chance will (probably) be 100%.

50% Are you serious? If you’re playing “vanilla” TF2; a FULL CHARGED sniper shot will 80-90% of the time kill a medic, unless he is currently overhealed. If it was 50%, people would not both charging and just go for 2 quick shots @ head. A FULL CHARGED shot is nearly a guaranteed kill, and that’s why it is in TFTRUE.

Jh

Hey dats!

naaah dude its more like 50% chance to kill.

such bs.

AnAkkk

There has just been a TF2 Windows server update (VALVe didn’t mention any changes that could be related to it, but there was still a server update), and TFTrue still works.

Merky

Yeah, didn’t see any notes, it just updated. Nothing broken here (yet).

AnAkkk

This is for the client side one:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2148/

Renegade

Imperial

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JP4rJ2H0oPI&feature=channel_page

merky: 100% charged sniper bodyshot deals ~110-190 damage, so the chance to deal 150 or more damage is indeed ~50%
the chance to 1-shot-kill a demo/pyro is as high as the chance not to kill a 125hp class

Merky

If the max damage is 190, then how did that soldier die on 200hp in the vid above?

Also: The chance to get minimum damage is not the same as to get middle or top damage. There is a curve on these things. While it may be true that you do hit well under 150hp occasionally, hitting 149 dmg is not the same chance as hitting 151 dmg (though in that example you would expect it to be quite close)

RaCio

GoT²

Damage range on the sniper rifle is 99-201.

Ranges of weapons without range dropoff usually have a damage range that is about the same as the minimum damage.

lolwut didn’t watch the vid before I posted.. sick stuff
ok then, the spread is even larger than what I said

vlm

so with tftrue, full charged sniper body shot = 150 dmg => instant medic kill, do i get it right?

agron

Relic

if that’s right, I call bs right away.

Every one can make a body shot, and if a full charged shot is a guaranteed kill, it’s so game breakingly imba it makes all the medics cry.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

hmm, i had a look at the source code. Technically speaking it seems to do what it’s supposed to. That is, read some values from the server, and change the damage calculation formula with that of tftrue. Ofc, i would only know for sure its allright if i compile it myself, but i wouldn’t know how to and i’m sure they are trustworthy.

just for those odd few who doubted the legality of the code.

kolox

obs.

“Also: The chance to get minimum damage is not the same as to get middle or top damage. There is a curve on these things. While it may be true that you do hit well under 150hp occasionally, hitting 149 dmg is not the same chance as hitting 151 dmg (though in that example you would expect it to be quite close)”

I’m pretty sure there’s a thread somewhere on the steamforums regarding this, and it ‘proves’ that there is much chance of getting 151 as there is 149

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 29 30 31 ... 41 Next »