Forum

TF2 Update 19-11-2010 (RAW Input)

Created 19th November 2010 @ 22:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6

JackieBoy

LTG.

Quoted from Foxt

Someone on steam forums found that Xfire-ingame is the cause for not working raw input. Just disable it in xfire options, it works for me now :]

Worked for me too :)

Chux

guru
,(s),

Quoted from JackieBoy

[…]
Worked for me too :)

thx, that did the trick

as far as initial impressions go, I noticed a little “faster” sens, or should i say the lack of negative acceleration. Not that different, but I’ve yet to play a match to really give it a go and see if it feels any diferent.

Yz50

`saiyan swag

I think that anyone who’s experiencing like crazy higher/lower sensitivities from enabling raw input should check what their windows sensitivity is set to

If it’s default then enabling raw input shouldn’t drastically change how fast your mouse moves but if you’re using,

1/11 in windows then multiply your tf2 sensitivity value by 0.0625 if you have the raw input enabled
2/11 multiply it by .0125
3/11 .25
4/11 .5
5/11 .75
6/11 (default) 1
7/11 1.5
8/11 2
9/11 2.5
10/11 3
11/11 3.5

if you do that your sensitivities should match up exactly (excluding the accel factors)

Sketch

MM

Quoted from Yz50

I think that anyone who’s experiencing like crazy higher/lower sensitivities from enabling raw input should check what their windows sensitivity is set to

If it’s default then enabling raw input shouldn’t drastically change how fast your mouse moves but if you’re using,

1/11 in windows then multiply your tf2 sensitivity value by 0.0625 if you have the raw input enabled
2/11 multiply it by .0125
3/11 .25
4/11 .5
5/11 .75
6/11 (default) 1
7/11 1.5
8/11 2
9/11 2.5
10/11 3
11/11 3.5

if you do that your sensitivities should match up exactly (excluding the accel factors)

ty xx

Square

Quoted from Yz50

cut

as you stated this spreadsheet http://www.notalent.org/sensitivity/sensitivity.htm should work, but I already use it to calculate my sensitivity before the raw input update.

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

I use the default Windows mouse settings (6/11), I know because I formatted about 2 weeks ago and didn’t touch it yet + I just checked.

And still my mouse sensitivity was way higher ingame as soon as I turn my raw input on.

Doesn’t matter to me though, as I’ve already found a new sense that works like a charm (even better than before actually, but could be placebo effect).

octochris

(0v0)

For the record you shouldn’t have had it set at anything other than 6/11 anyway, anything different will induce pixeljumping if cursor input is being used.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Yz50

windows sensitivity

This should be on default regardless of anything. If you want your mouse to move faster or slower in windows, adjust your DPI instead.

edit; got chris-ninja’d :<

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

A few days ago i was at my desk pc, everything went fine and i used the new raw input setting. Yesterday i was on my laptop, also, everything went fine agian (i use the same mouse for both pcs). Now today i’m back on my desk, and when the raw input setting is on, i can’t even move my mouse. I can shoot and so on, but not move it. Any ideas?

Scotteh

BLUBUF

Quoted from Sir Remix

A few days ago i was at my desk pc, everything went fine and i used the new raw input setting. Yesterday i was on my laptop, also, everything went fine agian (i use the same mouse for both pcs). Now today i’m back on my desk, and when the raw input setting is on, i can’t even move my mouse. I can shoot and so on, but not move it. Any ideas?

Disable the X-fire in-game menu thing.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Sir Remix

can’t even move my mouse

Try weight lifting for a few days, then try agian.

hehe

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6