Forum

Recent Patch Bugs (157 nade) Fragga

Created 17th December 2008 @ 09:57

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 Next »

Just reverse the damage of the demo and the scouts to the normal values before the patch and problem is solved :p

Renegade

Imperial

Demo is still OP.

uvio

Getting killed as medic with full health by one Scattergun shot is wrong.
If this happend before the patch it never did to me.
105dmg point blank < 150 hp

I know that there was that very very low chance for a “crit” that wasnt shown as one before the patch. Perhaps this has increased.

But i suspect it has something to do with the netcode. Those deaths just somehow feel wrong when they happen, as if its on fast forward, like the client compresses too many updates into a timeslot.
That Zig Zag guy on the steam forums tested localy and didn’t get the dmg spikes so this has to be something with the netcode.

But who cares, i’d just like not to get oneshotted by scouts. Valve should look into it, but they aren’t as good as communicating with the com as they should be.
k’thx

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

“Those deaths just somehow feel wrong when they happen, as if its on fast forward, like the client compresses too many updates into a timeslot.”

You hit the nail on the head there, that’s exactly the feeling i get with these weird hits, they just dont ‘feel’ right, like its almost jerked or lagged slightly on hit. Since the patch i also get occasional pauses in game, they dont last long at all but they only seem to occur the moment i kill the enemy, when i return from the pause the enemy is dead. I think this might be something to do with the problem.

AnAkkk

Anyway, even before the patch there has always been a problem : the damage range is too high.

AnAkkk

The static damage plugin should be released in early january.

Renegade

Imperial

could we get some info before hand so we can put in some input?

stikky

[LOL]
[LOL]

Yeah. Then 2 sodiers with static damage will rape everything at any distance.

F2

Danmark

l2dodge

strut

-=Crazy=-

“Yeah. Then 2 soldiers with static damage will rape everything at any distance.”

might affect sentries (gravelpit?)

dunc

infs
dp.

Static damage isn’t the way forward. That’s ridiculous :)

Much tighter ranges with similar fall off for damage at distance would be much better. A rocket in the face from 15 yards shouldn’t do the same damage as a rocket in the face from 450 yards :)

Bash

Fall-off for solly needs to be kept, lest spam becomes overpowered like it was with two demos. Medium range missiles need a higher minimum damage, though. 50 seems a bit insulting, it’s a fucking bazooka after all.

Renegade

Imperial

Currently, sentries completely ignore fall off damage from distance, and also critical hits. A crit rocket from 10 yards, or a normal from 1000 yards are extactly the same.

I agree with dunc, rockets shouldnt be equally strong at all distances, but I would say that the current drop off damage is far too extreme atm. Instead of making it a flat line, or using the steep line valve is using, keep damage drop off but reduce its effects.

AnAkkk

The damage is still distance based with the static damage plugin.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Damage drop of means better shots, ie those further away and harder to hit, are actually punished by a reduction of damage – a good example would be a double midair on a scout at close range, but at long range you’d need three rockets.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 Next »