Forum

Team Fortress 2 Update 30/9

Created 30th September 2010 @ 19:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 20 21 22 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from franco

its embarassing to say you play tf2 as a competitive first person shooter when you can throw milk/piss at people and hit other players with fish while circle jerking over who has the better head wear. seriously, this isnt the way to attract players from the quake / cod / cs / whatever scene, etf2l has a chance to redeem tf2 as far as the competitive side is concerned. valve is not helping. pz

if people don’t want to come to the game because they have no sense of humour, then fuck them, i’d rather they fucked off.

this is not cod, quake, or cs. this is much better because it has a sense of humour and doesn’t take itself very seriously. if you’d rather it did, i’d suggest you fuck off to cs.

Last edited by octochris,

Mark

Phase

Quoted from franco

its embarassing to say you play tf2 as a competitive first person shooter when you can throw milk/piss at people and hit other players with fish while circle jerking over who has the better head wear. seriously, this isnt the way to attract players from the quake / cod / cs / whatever scene, etf2l has a chance to redeem tf2 as far as the competitive side is concerned. valve is not helping. pz

Why are you so desperate to turn other people to our game. This is not a cult. Play to have fun. It’s okay to be selfish.

Norrland3000

Quoted from franco

And before all the updates TF2 was a serious game? You didn’t watch the class-movies? I bought this game because i saw the fun in it. We don’t want TF2 to be CS or COD. To be honest i didn’t like this update. But after some public games i see the fun in public again :) So good job Valve.

Of course i don’t want all weapons to competetive. Public was a new experience thought!

franco

err ok yeh, cus its not like its every day some double-standard, “tf2 is serious business” clown says on these forums we need to attract more people to tf2 to help it grow and become a more established competitive fps game.

i only reference other fps games in terms of their popularity, something tf2 lacks right now and probably will always lack.

Last edited by franco,

lork

Quoted from Norrland3000

[…]

And before all the updates TF2 was a serious game? You didn’t watch the class-movies? I bought this game because i saw the fun in it. We don’t want TF2 to be CS or COD. To be honest i didn’t like this update. But after some public games i see the fun in public again :) So good job Valve.

Of course i don’t want all weapons to competetive. Public was a new experience thought!

tf2 was a fun looking game (meet the…, facial expressions etc), right now is ridiculous (jarate, milk and this shit)

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

tbh ages ago I payed £20 for this game, and to this day I am still playing it, sometimes I average around 30-40 hours in 2 weeks, sometimes even going to 50-60…

I also payed £40 for L4D1, £40 for COD4, £40 for GTA4 and they are not even installed on my PC.

Fact is as long as I am playing this game in a years time, and I still have shit loads of fun, I don’t care.

Having said that I also want to play this competitively, but enjoy my public also with it staying fresh.

I don’t think I will be able to play another game, competitively and publicly, mainly because if they don’t do constant updates I will simply not think it’s good enough, I don’t think another game will come along and keep me playing at the same rate for 3 years.

At the end of the day we have a game that is going to last, and a game that is always changing, we must adapt, some features are retarded and make the game look stupid, some could really improve 6v6.

We need to make the effort to really test out these new weapons, some are OP, some are not, it’s stupid to just disregard and unlock without proper testing.

There should be more one night cups where we can fully test a small batch of unlocks, like one night should be: BuffBanner, Bonk and TDH, the next night can be, GRU, Defence Buff banner and the new RL.

Once we have worked out the core classes unlocks then we can think about the utility classes unlocks, as they’re situational they will have to be carefully mulled over, but I seriously believe that the Wrangler shouldnt’ be allowed, that + a heavy would completely ruin pushes on last.

And also, look at the MGO’s and MGC’s that are all here :/ Last year there was only a few, TCM, Diggy, PwR, TLR. Now we have Epsilon, Refuse, k1ck, Imperial and Rockit added to it. (well rockit where around but not for long :P)

It’s not like TF2 isn’t getting more noticed, i40 was good for TF2 as it was a great final with lots of spectators, the assembly LANs are just the same, we are growing, we can work out issues with unlocks, we just have to make the effort.

Last edited by WARHURYEAH,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from franco

err ok yeh, cus its not like its every day some double-standard, “tf2 is serious business” clown says on these forums we need to attract more people to tf2 to help it grow and become a more established competitive fps game.

i only reference other fps games in terms of their popularity, something tf2 lacks right now and probably will always lack.

How will TF2 grow as a competitive fps game if you remove everything that makes it unique? TF2 will probably never be as big as CPMA or CS:S, but is that a bad thing?

I’d rather have a somewhat smaller community that can enjoy playing this game (even playing it seriously), than having a community the size of CS:S.

If you want a good example of the contrast between the communities go to an iSeries lan.

caned

MEAT
LEGO

quit whining and shoot stuff. if the retarded milk-weapon is really gonna absolutely ruin the game for you and make you stress then you deserve to quit.

antyjc

2ne1

hope that was sarcasm

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from antyjc

hope that was sarcasm

i agree with caned, i never thought the day would come

get me an asbo

Last edited by octochris,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from antyjc

hope that was sarcasm

+1. It’s completely retarded. 10% or whatever would be fine, but 75%? LOL, just meatshot a soldier (easy) and be full hp again.

Last edited by Koeitje,

franco

Quoted from herpderp

How will TF2 grow as a competitive fps game if you remove everything that makes it unique? TF2 will probably never be as big as CPMA or CS:S, but is that a bad thing?

I’d rather have a somewhat smaller community that can enjoy playing this game (even playing it seriously), than having a community the size of CS:S.

there’s nothing unique about unlocks. other games have been doing it for ages but whatever. do you think something’s good as long as it’s unique? cus that’s not the way things work. tf2 was unique before all these silly unlocks came out, yet the difference is it actually had good gameplay back then.

i already see people complain about playing the same teams over and over. it’s a sign of the playerbase getting a bit stale. if it doesnt grow it will only get worse until it dies. that’s what happens in small games. you get different teams sure but they have the same recycled players all the time. its a fact and you can see it through a lot of other games. so you tell me if tf2 not being big is a bad thing?

if you want a small community then keep rocking those jars of piss and milk, the fish melee weapons, bodyshot only snipers and natasha heavies and you’ll get your wish. the skill ceiling will get lower with every update and half the community will still want vanilla while the other half wants 6v6 public mode.

Last edited by franco,

Not here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0&feature=related

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

If you want a good example of the contrast between the communities go to an iSeries lan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc&feature=related

Are old demos broken, or is it just me?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 20 21 22 Next »