Forum

SMACK Gaming on the search!

Created 29th September 2010 @ 17:54

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Bret-

Hey guys,

I’m going to go ahead and guess 99% of you haven’t heard of SMACK Gaming since we’ve mainly stuck to the CS:S scene (more recently we’ve dipped into CoD4 too!) but I’m here with a proposal to all of you TF2 guys that would be interested in some support of sorts to help you on your way or to help you show your true potential by having all of your servers and scheduling done for you, leaving your time freed up to focus on fragging! :-)

So, I guess the main thing that’s going to be asked of us is what we can actually do for you? Well, here goes! We will provide the team with a war server to play on, voice comms, a friendly and stable management team and the promise that we’re not going anywhere soon (in terms of pulling a disappearing act that is!). We’re also in the process of sticking up a couple of TF2 servers for the community and to help build our own TF2 community within the organisation, so if this all sounds tempting then make sure you check out the rest of the post for more information!

Now comes the part where we let you know what we want from you as a team. Our main priority is to get ourselves a bunch of friendly, respectable guys that will do the name proud and give it their best whilst playing under the tags, we’re not necessarily after the best teams because we know that with the support we’re currently offering, we’re not going to get it, so it’s better off going to a team that’s trying to break through or show what they’re made of!

I must stress, we’re a strict no-bs organisation / community and we’ll always tell you the 100% truth, so we expect the same from you :-) If you feel that you’re interested in this sort of prospect and would like to find out more / send your team’s proposal to us, you can do so at the following address: bret[AT]SMACKGaming.com. Try giving us as much information as possible such as your line-up, where everyone is from, if you plan on attending any LAN events in the future, which online tournaments you’re playing in and which divisions / skill you’re playing to. All of those things will help us seperate the teams and if you wish to add more or make yourself stand out from the crowd, then put something quirky in there, impress us :-D

Peace!

EDIT: I suppose I best add a few other details, our website is http://www.SMACKGaming.com and it went live a few days ago, still a lot of working going on as you can see, but it’ll all be sorted and snazzy within the next couple of weeks :-) Also, you can catch me in IRC on Quakenet and in the channel #SMACK.

Last edited by Bret-,

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Bret’s a nice guy and has a cool community :)

Would highly recommend some div3-4 teams get in touch with him!

Jims

[GM\\\'2]

GL picking up a team
I didn’t know you guys had picked up a css team recently untill now either :)

SoniX

TEZC
TEZC

Always good to see new interest in TF2 :) Best of luck

WildCard

Quoted from Bret-

Hey guys,

I’m going to go ahead and guess 99% of you haven’t heard of SMACK Gaming since we’ve mainly stuck to the CS:S scene (more recently we’ve dipped into CoD4 too!) but I’m here with a proposal to all of you TF2 guys that would be interested in some support of sorts to help you on your way or to help you show your true potential by having all of your servers and scheduling done for you, leaving your time freed up to focus on fragging! :-)

Offering to do all a teams scheduling is a rarther bold statement since teams have pcw 4/5 days a week not to mention officals, Being new to tf2 scene as you seem to be seems strange to me since you wont know the teams competing at the same level to find games for them especially when aiming for a midish team.

Good Luck though :D just curious why you would offer that as part of the package and if you could back it up.

Bret-

Well, I should have phrased that a bit better – It just basically means that all of their official games will be placed into a calendar that only the SMACK teams have access to and a manager will message them to make sure everyone knows that they’re still playing etc. We’re not going to be getting all of your PCWs for you :-)

WLL

GL. nice to see that :)

LoneGun

goodluck bret, I just picked up a couple of teams myself with the same sort of offers.

Skyride

DUCS

SMK\bret from #multiplay?

Seems like a cool guy, the offer sounds good too, although I’d have to +1 what Wildcard said. GL!

Last edited by Skyride,

Chaos

BAT

GL :)

great to see more MGOs supporting tf2 teams :)

xzr

gl

ExE

-[S2L]

Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but I think these questions will come up eventually:

What voice comm do you offer? If not mumble….. Get mumble
Which servers do you offer? Where are servers located?

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Bret is legit.
Do his bidding! >:D

Bret-

Quoted from ExE

Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but I think these questions will come up eventually:

What voice comm do you offer? If not mumble….. Get mumble
Which servers do you offer? Where are servers located?

That’s not being a pain in the rear end, they’re perfectly legit questions :-P

Voice comms can be whichever you do so choose, we run Mumble and TS3 for the community at the moment and a small ventrilo could be set up if needed (but if you use vent in this day and age you should be shot). I think I was pretty clear with the servers thing though, you’ll receive a war server to play on and there will be public servers online within the community to play on in spare time etc. Servers are all located within Germany as we’re a European based community and Germany provides the best latencies to near enough all European countries although we may be bringing up another dedicated server within the next few weeks in either France or Holland to give a bit of diversity (woo!)

ExE

-[S2L]

Good thing you’ve already using mumble since some of the MGOs looking teams here dont even know about mumble.

About the server. I meant that which server provider do you use or do you have your own server :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »