Forum

Decent headsets?

Created 23rd November 2008 @ 10:45

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

toasty.

PHX

I broke mine last night. What does every one use? Any particular makes that are good?

Thanks

Waebi

‹Con›

Got the Steelseries Siberia one (not neckband) and very happy with it. Tried others from mates and they made my ears hurt :D this one didnt so far, even when playing 7h.

xtala

Got a Sennheiser PC151, can’t complain about it.
What’s your budget btw? Kinda hard to give advice if you don’t know what you can spend :p

qck.

U/²

Steelseries 5H or some Sennheiser is what i think you should buy :)

else you can go with theese! http://theswca.com/images-speci/recycle/headset.jpg Awesome!

Licargon

Sennheiser PC151, same as Xtala. Great headset for it’s price, very comfortable, great mic quality.

Ypsy

And another PC151 here ;) Great one!

Rele

I got some Logitech one and its ok tbh :)

ExE

-[S2L]

I got Creative Fatality headset and I’ve bee more than happy with them. They were quite cheap and represent good quality.

http://uk.europe.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=437&subcategory=865&product=17806
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/creative_fatal1ty_review/

Rev

Buy a Sennheiser Headset, (PC151, PC161, PC350) and you will be happy !

(I have a PC151 too by the way)

toasty.

PHX

thanks guys gone with the steel series :)

KOVACS

Steelseries 5hv2 is supposed to have quite “tinny” sound. Many people say its great for games but not good for music/video etc.

I use a pair of Sennheiser 212HD. They’re great for gaming, I can really hear every little detail. On the downside, they don’t have any microphone attached.

Redman350

[FB]

Yea 5hv2 is a really comfortable headset, but as kovacs says, there’s a noticeable lack of bass.

fRdz

S&M

I use an IceMat Siberia (now known as Steelseries Siberia) and it’s by far the best headset I’ve ever had. I’ve tested most of the sennheiser and Steelseries headset and I can say by far it’s the overall best headset. It’s incredibly comfy (the best I’ve ever tried), the sound is excellent (maybe not as good as the best sennheisers but for the comfyness i’d trade it any day) and the wire is long and I can place it anyways I want without it getting in my way. The wire is also very thick and can handle a beating compared to most other headsets witch has tons of easy wire breaks.

Conclusion; Best overall headset.

beta

RaWr ::

Dependent on how much you would like to spend there is a couple of different choices you can have.

Senni’s – Not the cheapest but you really do get more bang for your buck, the PC Senni range were/are very good for a lot of FPS games though I have not tried them with TF2. I would recommend saving a little more a buying either Senni’s from the PC Range or a decent pair of HD’s which are comfortable, good build, great speaker quality.

I would personally stay clear of the Steelseries range, I have used various sets of there headphones, poor build quality, poor speaker quality and you really can’t hear much especially in TF2.

I admit the price range is tempting but if you save a little extra you will notice it.

Mike

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »