Forum

CGS Fold

Created 18th November 2008 @ 20:51

Add A Reply Pages: 1

beta

RaWr ::

It has been confirmed to me by one of my good sources that The CGS has disbanded.

So I guess no more CGS TF2 !

I always wondered how they were even making money…now I know they weren’t.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Good sources you have there.
oh btw, it is also in big letters on their front page :)

This is bad news, because theCGS was a big opportunity for TF2 if it all worked out well.

beta

Well my source was the London Mint manager and I did say CONFIRMED as many people thought this was a site hacking :)

dunc

infs
dp.

It’s not necessarily bad news for TF2. This gives less power to CSS as a game, which isn’t a bad thing for us.

Obviously if CGS had picked up TF2 as a game it would’ve given us loads of coverage.. but if they HADN’T picked us up, and carried on as they were, it would’ve been yet another blow to TF2.

Albert

We were supposed to see a EU pro-am tf2 tournament, which now isn’t going to happen, this is a big blow to tf2 tbh.

dunc

infs
dp.

I’m fairly sure that we were never going to be picked up anyway Albert. It would’ve been a much worse blow if TF2 hadn’t been picked up by the CGS, it would’ve really killed the community’s already-lacking spirits.

With the emphasis lessening from CSS, we’ll hopefully find we get more coverage/support now.

Evil

Time to play 1.6 again pew pew

Akill

CGS was a good setup. Its unfortunate that its gone but they were correct in saying it was ‘ahead of its time’ the demand for such a service though will increase alot over the next few years, and its likely we will see something similar crop up again.

TF2 comp since day1 has almost always had to look out for itself (except from a few handy modifications from valve) The next 3 or 4 months will probably be very crucial for deciding the fate of comp tf2. It will take alot of effort from various individuals to save it. (sounds like a LOTR epic lol)

beta

1.6 is dead Evil !

And now all that remains are the players that never stopped playing it for 5 years vs the newer guys so the skill gap is stupid.

CGS Site
You’d think people that worked in the most proffesional gaming league could spell November, wouldn’t you? ;)

kaidus

WiK?

You’d think someone commenting on an organisations professionalism would be able to spell professional.

Had to be done.

I hate you so much. :(

But na, it is sad to see CGS go.

dunc

infs
dp.

Fucking retard Shintaz :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1