Created 4th November 2008 @ 02:00

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Evil

Don’t read the thread if you don’t care

Haunter

i care since the moment ppl talk about druidz

N/A

RaWr ::

Best match to date in wotr aka TCM|’s history is i33 semi final ^wotr^ vs TLR| on cp_badlands which ended only 1-0 to ^wotr^ ask wlv beta any of the original TLR crew how intense the match was…

I have to agree Byte, that was the best match i’ve ever played, shame we lost, hah! :)

skre

Kvakkistansen

We’re moving forward, not fast, but atleast we’re moving. We’ve got couple of hungry teams coming up from div2 that could do a great figure the upcoming etf2l season (same with teams going up from div3 -> 2). Main problem is the stability of promising teams…Those .fi formfoldreform clans have given up way too early. Probably several reasons, but my guess is that they had way too high expectations the first couple of weeks :-)

skinnie

TCM

I think Vale was a nice example of showing that the skill-difference between high and low clans can be overcome by just playing tf2 a lot (!) and just practicing against good clans. I agree it’s not so much fun playing lower skilled teams but it’s necessary for them to improve.
But to me it seems like new clans don’t really believe they can become really good, and if for example there’s one player in that clan that is somewhat better than the other players he is likely to look for a higher placed team instead of helping the team to improve.
If i check the recruitement forum, i see a lot of players only searching for a team that is in div1 or top div2 or they just stop playing tf2 competitively. It just doesnt work that way. If tf2 wants to survive competitively new high clans and players should arise and teams should believe in theirselves and play higher skilled teams.

dunc

infs
dp.

If nvc was good enough at Q3 to make money, he would have. End of.

As for the competitive side of TF2.. it’s all about the LANs really. The league is in perfectly good shape but the LANs are nigh non-existent. Hopefully we’ll rectify that shortly with a quality community-organised LAN with reasonable prize funding. If we can just get one or two of those going and some more of the big multi-gaming orgs involved, I think the community will be incredibly strong.

There is a big gap between the top teams and the next best teams though, which is a bit of a shame. I do agree that teams seem to hold unrealistic expectations about what they’ll achieve when forming. I hope Panache! stay together even with nvc leaving – I think with two D1-capable scouts they’d be a strong team.

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

im shocked nvc is leaving.. didnt read any amsg on irc.. that came straight out of the nothing for me.. :(

nvc

edited main post

skinnie

TCM

*quick editing it seems :(

nvc

skinnie i never asked to join vale, you all asked me to play in place of you whilst you worked late, hense why i only ever played with arnold

http://gossip.krus.dk/2008/09/05/rumor-nvc-joins-vale/

nice try though

dunc

infs
dp.

Why post then edit? :/

Anyway. Can we all try to be a little less pessimistic? Let’s get together as a community and give this game the support it deserves. It’s – by miles, IMO – the best spectator e-sport available atm.

fRdz

S&M

Like dunc said; this game has alot more to it then other games – it’s by far one of the best team player games out there (and shouldn’t that just add to a better spectator experience?)

I know alot of people (playing other games, ie cs 1.6) sitting there hours on end practicing without getting really far. I managed to convince some of them to try tf2, and the first feeback I got from them was; Woah, this game is fucking fun. I’d never tought I’d actually laugh this much while playing an fps on my own.

In this way I find tf2 quite unique, new players can come in and actually enjoy it casually. Compared to 1.6 and source where I find the casual play quite boring and repetitive at times. So why not just enjoy the game for what it is instead of moaning about money.

I went abit off-topic here but only in reply to the above post.

strut

-=Crazy=-

TF2 is still young as far as big games go. All the big “benchmark setting” titles seem to follow the pattern of

1) a relatively small group of top players to begin with and everyone else being useless
2) as the years go by some of the nubis develop in to awesome players
3) a significant % of original top players move on to other games or just disappear

The current top players in the older games like the quake games would rape the shit out of the early professional players as they have had so many years to develop, some quickly due to natural talent and/or a lot of spare time and some more slowly.

Also tf2 needs quite a few plugins a better matchmod for starters with an accuracy % readout at the end, a duel mod where players are queued as they join a server with the winner staying on and some better 1v1 maps with resources armour/health etc for those that want to play like that (but just don’t know it yet). Any more? Probably but it’s been a long day.

N/A

RaWr ::

nvcs original post:

“skinnue and haunter why are you flming me, you spend hours and hours doing a presentation and uploading all ur demos + screenshots for what, do join duidz? why druidz? the answer is simple, the same reason im playing games

KOVACS

Loving this thread, lots of good, well informed opinions. In particular from Byte, dunc, skinnie, strut

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »