Forum

cheers guys

Created 4th November 2008 @ 02:00

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

Haunter

i wasnt flamming anyone, i just made an observation, if everyone who stops tf2 starts a thread saying that, it would be massive spam on foruns

Anderson

TEZC
TEZC

i think it all starts with giving the game recognition firstly.

Alot of people that ive spoken to at the recent i-series and previous online chats who have never touched the game before, see it as a cartoon based, kids, public, noob game.

Now i fully understand where they are coming from and it took me a while to bring them around to realising that it is actually a highly competative game (in terms of team -v- team of simular skill/standard), as the name would suggest TEAM fortress 2.

Where we are lacking though is that there is a massive skill difference between the top 5-10 teams and the rest of the teams competing. Also that these pools of players are just circulating between one and another. Its only been on the rare occasion that someone from outside the top 5 teams has actually been asked to play.

I fully understand that the div 1 teams have every right to pick the best players that gives them the best chance, becuase lets face it, they want to be the best. But this bottleneck is what is killing the community and potential sponsored tournament events both online and offline.

How can we overcome this situation?

We have a number of players that are just sitting around clanless that show plenty of potential in becoming very strong and decent players. We should try and encourage these to join div 2/3 teams and help promote them up the leagues and then maybe eventually we will see the gap between the top teams become bridged.

just my 2 pence

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

Totally agree with Anderson :)

skinnie

TCM

a more important reason for the skill-gap is that lower skilled clans don’t want to play the higher ones …

if I ask a team for a pcw that is low div2 or lower, 90% of the times I get the response they don’t want to play. That forces us to play the same 5-10 teams over and over what ofcourse contributes to the skill difference

vaxjo

Hey dats!

…and the higher skilled clans don’t want to play the lower ones :)

skinnie

TCM

How do u know ? Your team never asked us for a pcw. Sometimes we’re looking for a pcw for like more than an hour cause no one wants to play us. U can believe me when I say we rather like to play anyone than having to wait :p

Oggy

tfc is dead…

gets me? :p

vaxjo

Hey dats!

I’m not pointing this directly at DRz but higher teams generally and I completely understand why division 2 teams wouldn’t want to play us, just saying that from my observations it’s pretty 50:50 when it comes to higher teams wanting to play lower teams and lower teams wanting to play higher teams and rejecting.
I did ask you guys for a pcw once when you were looking and it didn’t happen.

N/A

RaWr ::

..Maybe it’s an idea to remove the thread. He got the attention he wanted and so much craves now lets focus on more pressing matters such as LAN’s, and why clans complain about competitive scene than when a LAN comes up just ‘cba’, how do you expect LAN sponsors if people simply don’t turn up to them?

To the lower/mid skill teams who want to be better, ask around for demos of div1 teams, see what works, what doesn’t even copy them if you must, teams have been copying other teams tactics since the start of TF2, don’t be scared to try out other teams tactics, or approach them for a stv demos of their matches, not only will it give you ideas but also help identify the strengths and weaknesses of that top team, and how to improve when you play them.

Additionally to that, start to play higher teams atleast three times a week, even if you get rick rolled 12-0, it’s a good learning experience, and will give you some insight of how to improve. :)

Oh and attend i36, especially if your from the UK!!! It’s a good laugh, especially if your meeting your team mates in real life for the first time, it’s really fun, maybe I will give you a hug as well.

Show that your interested in coming to i36 if they announce a decent prize fund, soon (hell, you’ve got six months!!!): http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/showthread.php?p=828426#post828426

PS: Start using Heavies! THERE AWESOME!

byte

The thread has changed topic tbh and i’ve forgotten what the original topic was about josh so i doubt he’s got my attention.

As to the “higher clans not wanting to play lower clans”not true i’d agree with skinnie sometimes id rather play low ones just so i can play and maybe help them.. not because i want to OMG PREM PWN etc…

What Anderson said about the bottlenecking of players wanting the best players is what i mentioned about, which is maybe its an idea to split off the higher div players who are talented and move them into lower div clans, but like i also said i highly doubt anyone from div 1 would want to do this…

:(

Cheers

Byte

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Implementing CL1 would naturally spread the talent more throughout the league, with the added bonus of allowing players who play classes other than the usual to be asured of a clan, not to mention make the game more fun and interesting to watch and play.

A good example would be the situation with Ubersexuals, they are trialing for a top-end soldier only because sommee’s class (heavy) is poor on some maps, even though the player himself is quality. With CL1, Ubersexuals wouldn’t need another soldier and sommee would be assurred of playing every map. And 4K with 3 amazing scouts etc etc

shifty

Sir

Locking due to off-topic discussions and petty flames.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4