Forum

TF2 performance on MacBook pro

Created 19th June 2010 @ 20:14

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Whats the point in getting a macbook if your just going to install windows on it anyway. You may as well buy a cheaper windows laptop, spraypaint it white and stick a picture of an apple on it, then its up to you if you want to be a pretencious macboy who sits in starbucks and procrastinates or not.

dauk

mbp is for sudies and main things why I bought it are the os x touchpad that is awesome and battery life. Ill instal win only for tf2 with taht boot camp thing or something.
Also this thigy http://www.steelseries.com/int/products/accessories/mobile_device_adapter/information should solve one hole problem ,ofc a cheapier one.

sgN^

TKN

Keep this thread going please, I need as much info as I can get before (possibly) buying mine in august

L-iNC

With an late ’08 Macbook(=9400m and c2d 2.26ghz) I get average fps of ~28 on Snowies timedemo using native resolution and the lowest possible in game settings. On 6vs6 arena map I got 20-30fps.

So… since the new 13″ Macbook Pros have faster cpu and graphics I think it would be playable without having to install windows with bootcamp.

dauk

Do I need to install some drivers or anything for win xp on mbp? becouse now it’s impossible to eject cd or connect to wi-fi.

Quoted from dauk

Do I need to install some drivers or anything for win xp on mbp? becouse now it’s impossible to eject cd or connect to wi-fi.

Yeah you do. One of the original disks you got with your macbook pro has drivers for windows for things like: brightness & volume controls, eject disk, wifi etc.
If you are struggling to eject a disk currently, then go into my computer, right click on the disk drive and click eject.

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

Quoted from dauk

Boot camp should of done it already but as said before you can use the disks that came with your MBP to do it manually

slam

MILF

on mac competetive playing is impossible i think
but for making movies the best :)

Last edited by slam,

dauk

Just tried to run tf2 on mbp 2,4 ghz on win xp with mid quantum fps config on 27 man server and fps didin’t go below 80 , with stronger fps config and less players it can run tf2 very smoothly ,don’t know how stable since didin’t played for long.

dauk

Verdict: latest and cheapest mbp 13* can run tf2 smoothly with no problems. Fps didin’t go down below 90 on 24 man pub server and the screen is awesome. Didin’t noticed any heat issues after playing for half hour. The biggest drwaback is one 3,5m port so I prob will need to look for usb headset or thingy that makes in/out puts in one. (I was using windows xp playing tf2)

Tikcus

Quoted from dauk

Verdict: latest and cheapest mbp 13* can run tf2 smoothly with no problems. Fps didin’t go down below 90 on 24 man pub server and the screen is awesome. Didin’t noticed any heat issues after playing for half hour. The biggest drwaback is one 3,5m port so I prob will need to look for usb headset or thingy that makes in/out puts in one. (I was using windows xp playing tf2)

what fps did you get running in osx?

dauk

Didin’t tried. I thouth it would be too much problems setting all mice drivers and mumble and etc.

Skyride

DUCS

What is it about MBP’s that justifies spending nearly 3x as much money on one as a windows laptop when you’re just going to spend 90% of the time running a piece of software that works on windows anyway?

dauk

Quoted from Skyride

What is it about MBP’s that justifies spending nearly 3x as much money on one as a windows laptop when you’re just going to spend 90% of the time running a piece of software that works on windows anyway?

Quoted from dauk

mbp is for sudies and main things why I bought it are the os x touchpad that is awesome and battery life. Ill instal win only for tf2

dauk

I heard that os x supports open gl instead of dx, so how can I use fps config to get maximum fps.

Also if someone would say how to fix fucking cirrus logic driver so I could use mic with booth camp I would be very pleased. http://www.stuffedcow.net/macbook_audio doesn’t works.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »