Forum

Horrendously noobish question about binds and CFGs

Created 29th May 2010 @ 21:04

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Random

[Gb]

How do I get a text notification for medic that says something along the lines of ‘USING UBERCHARGE’ when I press mouse2 as medic but also not have that bind on all the other classes?

I’ve tried putting

bind MOUSE2 "bind MOUSE2 "say_team USING UBERCHARGE!"

into my medic.cfg – but that makes the bind carry over to the other classes too.

What do I do?

Have bind mouse2 +attack2 in the rest of your class configs.

Taoism

an old topic, but it might help :)
http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-8416/?recent=138757

in case you don’t want to put it in every cfg, just put it in your autoexec and bind a key to it. everytime you press that key everything is binded the orginal way

Last edited by Taoism,

insanity

Quoted from daithi1

Yup.
If you dont know much about binding and scripts, i would recommend Chris’ medic config, which you can find here: http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Medic_scripts

Last edited by insanity,

Random

[Gb]

Quoted from daithi1

Did that and it seems to have fixed it, thanks for the help everyone =]

Fox

fleisch!

Quoted from Taoism

in case you don’t want to put it in every cfg, just put it in your autoexec and bind a key to it. everytime you press that key everything is binded the orginal way

So rather than putting it once in every .cfg (about ~8 times) you suggest pushing a button almost everytime you play? oO

in medic.cfg:

bind mouse2 “+attack2; say_team USING UBERCHARGE!”

everywhere else:

bind mouse2 “+attack2”

Josh

ez
LEGO

Quoted from Taoism

Ok so i went into the link tao give and used skyride’s medic.cfg he put in there but now that i have it saved i can’t player sniper because of no zoom, every time i play demo and use stickies the bind for activation spams up and i haven’t tried heavy yet but if there’s way to fix this pls tell me

Quoted from Josh

[…]

Ok so i went into the link tao give and used skyride’s medic.cfg he put in there but now that i have it saved i can’t player sniper because of no zoom, every time i play demo and use stickies the bind for activation spams up and i haven’t tried heavy yet but if there’s way to fix this pls tell me

Yup.

Quoted from dotfloat™

everywhere else:

bind mouse2 “+attack2”

Taoism

you need a unbind command in your autoexec which is bind to a key :)

Josh

ez
LEGO

Quoted from dotfloat™

[…]

Yup.

[…]

So i just type bind mouse2″+attack2″ in every other class cfg?

Last edited by Josh,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from dotfloat™

in medic.cfg:

bind mouse2 “+attack2; say_team USING UBERCHARGE!”

everywhere else:

bind mouse2 “+attack2”

Might want to throw a `dropitem` in there. Can’t über while carrying intel! ^^

Harlski

Look, I know it’s a retarded question but how do you put the scripts into your cfgs?

Stew

Quoted from Harlski

Look, I know it’s a retarded question but how do you put the scripts into your cfgs?

Right click –> Open with Notebook –> Paste the script —> Save —> The red X in the top right.

PS. Do you need help with finding the cfgs ?

Last edited by Stew,

Sketch

MM

create a file called “clearconfig.cfg” this file will reset your binds.

in that file you want to make unbinds of every bind you made in your medic config and other classes and then rebind the default command.

in this situation you only need to unbind mouse 2 so here is an example of what you need in the file:

//unbinds

unbind “MOUSE2”

//default binds

bind “MOUSE2” “+attack2”

now go into every class config file and write this at the top:

exec “clearconfig.cfg”

this will run the file every time you load a class config.

for every script or key press that you dont want to default across all of your classes you should “unbind” the key and then “bind” the tf2 default key.

none of this will affect key assignments in your scripts as long as you add all non-default keys to the clearconfig file

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »