Forum

MeMento Fold

Created 26th October 2008 @ 21:26

Add A Reply Pages: 1

beta

RaWr ::

Hi all,

As many of you already know, today MeMento (formerly TLR…formerly Phonetic :P) have called it a day.

Our original problems started just after a respectable 4th place at PC Gamer LAN. We felt that being under the TLR tag was a bit unfair on both us and of TLR so we decided to leave the organisation. Before this was made to the public, we had what seemed to be some well advertised disagreements with the management of TLR. The majority of these issues were not true. I will not repeat what was said roughly a month ago but we were all disappointed.

For some reason, when this happened we all took a little time to think about what we wanted to do as a team & what we wanted to change in order to perform better. Rob (Wlv) decided he did not want to lead the team any further due to other commitments, this had to be catered for.

We allowed players to join other teams if they wished and as expected some departures did occur. This came in the form of Darn to 4kings, Zerox to TCM & Wlv inactive / new team searching. (no hard feelings towards any of these guys, all my friends!)

This left the team as myself, AcidRenix, Itchi, Shifty. We took on Mattje as Demo and started searching for a new medic, this came in the form of Akill. We formed under the name of Memento hoping to carry on the Div 1 position.

As the first 2 weeks went past we found it very difficult to adjust to playing with near enough a new team, this was not one persons fault but more due to the high level associated with Div 1 play.

Then came a few hick ups – firstly I have been slightly inactive due to work commitments, people that watch the football (no names! ;) ), other people away for the evenings etc…but things like this when you have 6 members is hard to manage. This meant we did not get enough time to play properly and form as a team.

We tried to recruit more members but during this process we found it very hard to keep the team stable and bonded together. At this point Mattje expressed his desire to go and play with friends, which was something we could not hold him back from (no hard feelings!). This left MeMento with no Demoman & 5 players. Recruiting a demoman is near enough the hardest class in TF2 , especially when we would like him to be near enough mid+ high level. We decided this was too much for the team to find + others being not so active due to various reasons.

So there you have it, the rise and demise of MeMento.

Id like to thank all the guys & girls that did trial for us. I thank all the members of Phonetic/TLR/MeMento for their time.

Look out for various recruitment posts from the guys, they are definitely worth snatching up!

shifty

Sir

gay

N/A

RaWr ::

Sad times, good luck to those searching new clans .

Madsie

sad to see this clan fold a few good lads there good luck all

Add A Reply Pages: 1