Forum

Ladder Feedback

Created 19th October 2009 @ 22:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 24 Next »

I gotta say it’s getting really hard to keep up with all the matches/challenges. It got really tough after the sudden implementation of match deadlines / penalty points, but somehow we got through most of the matches.

Now however, we’re getting spammed with challenges — at least 1 each day. It’s hard just to play one match each day, not to talk about getting all the schedules to fit.

It doesn’t help that we keep getting penalty points for a match we’ve suggested several dates for, but we just can’t seem to get it played, because both team’s schedules are so damn tight.

For us it would help to either be able to reject nicely without getting penalty points, or to get much looser deadlines.

GangsterAlgot

I think more people should use open challanges instead of challangeing a certain team. The pro’s of this is that you can choose your time and maps and get an opponent that can play then. Takes away the need for scheduling.

Jewan

.jpg
NEET

I’ve removed your penalty points and delete the challenge jewan :)

Only just read this – many thanks!

Ijantis

Maybe setting up a challenge limit of 5 which is displayed on the ladder like esl do would clear up a few of these issues.

ST8

There is a challenge limit of 5!

That’s actually quite a lot. At the moment we have four unplayed matches + 3 pending challenges. It’ll take some time to get all these matches done.

KOVACS

That’s actually quite a lot. At the moment we have four unplayed matches + 3 pending challenges. It’ll take some time to get all these matches done.

C’mon you’re Team Effort…get a move on.

vlm

i just posted a challenge and right after that i saw that clan i challenged has already scheduled match for that time. some time checking against other ladder/league matches in calendar would be awesome. there should be some notification about that issue when i post challenge and maybe an option to turn my challenge into open one.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

i just posted a challenge and right after that i saw that clan i challenged has already scheduled match for that time. some time checking against other ladder/league matches in calendar would be awesome. there should be some notification about that issue when i post challenge and maybe an option to turn my challenge into open one.

If you suggest a time when you challenge a team, the time is suggested only – it is not final. You are able to schedule the match at a time that is convenient for you and your opponents.

The only time that is definite and final is an open challenge.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Can we please fix the map pool. Just got challanged for 3 maps, cp_science2, cp_warpath2 and some other shitmap we don’t want to play. We don’t mind playing any team, but lets at least play on maps from the normal map pool.

GangsterAlgot

I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to include the league matches in the ladder? I’m not sure it’s a great idea but I belive some discussion about it would be nice.

What do you think?

Tikcus

I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to include the league matches in the ladder? I’m not sure it’s a great idea but I belive some discussion about it would be nice.

What do you think?

this idea has it’s pros, but the big con would be all league teams would need to be in the ladder, and 2 be active in it.

if your wanting a ladder to help with seedings (re:- promotion/relegation topic) a 2nd ladder for div 1/2/3 clans only, then once every say 3 months the top 10 of the lower ladder could play off against the bottom 10 of the higher ladder, for promotion into the higher ladder.

so to sum up

Ladder A (Div 1/2/3 clans only)
Ladder B (Div 4/5/6/7/8 clans only)

playoff = 10 single matches
With top team in ladder B playing bottom team in ladder A
2nd in ladder B playing 2nd bottom in ladder A
3rd in ladder B playing 3rd bottom in ladder A etc

Tikcus

if etf2l were to do this ladder could replace league as main competition

GangsterAlgot

this idea has it’s pros, but the big con would be all league teams would need to be in the ladder, and 2 be active in it.

Actually, no. They could just go inactive and never play, the information from their matches would still be there.

if your wanting a ladder to help with seedings (re:- promotion/relegation topic) a 2nd ladder for div 1/2/3 clans only, then once every say 3 months the top 10 of the lower ladder could play off against the bottom 10 of the higher ladder, for promotion into the higher ladder.

I actually think this would be a good idea, there are some issues with new teams and their skill level though. If a new team shows up and claim to be div2 should they be allowed to start in the top ladder?

Then there is the problem with low div3 and top div4. If your going to use the ladder as grounds for division placement you wouldn’t have any information about the relative skill levels from teams that are low div3 and top div4.

And now I’ve forgotten what I was talking about so I’m just going to stop.

Tikcus

here’s a thought, after say 3 months when the ladders are both active, they are merged into 1 big ladder, so div 1/2/3 teams will automatically be placed above, the 4/5/6/new teams.

Then limit the places above/below your postion you can challenge.

lets say top 50 clans can challenge teams upto 10 places above/below (20 clans)
the next 100 can challenge clans upto 20 places above/below them (40 clans)
the rest can challenge clans upto 50 places above/below them (100 clans)

then if a team who claimed to be Div 2 standard joined the ladder they would only have to play a few maps to get upto div 2 clans in the ladder.

Stability is the key to TF2’s future, atm we’re in season 6 of ETF2L and still more than 20% of clans that start a season fold, ladders reward stable teams, and encourage it,

A large proportion of clans that fold do it because they are out of their depth, and get sick of being rolled, 6 divisions don’t cut it any more, there is more like 10 divisions of skill, this is where the ladder wins, as you will be playing clans around your skill after a very short period, adding to not being able to challenge clans too far below you, this will stop the very few clans, that will play ladder games against teams alot lower than them just to win 5-0, 5-0, you know the ones, the same ones that are mid- go into #tf.wars and advertise/respond to low-/low adverts

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 24 Next »