Forum

KotH Cup ?

Created 14th August 2009 @ 00:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

gryzor

Had captime been 3s instead of the bullcrap it’s now, sure. The format today makes it impossible to do something useful with.

Bun

GM

Not on viaduct, that map gives me 50 fps when I play ALONE.
Now think 8 people..

Funkeh

DStM

Played a pcw on sawmill and viaduct, viaduct is actually really fun, sawmill is a bit predictable however. Koth bo3 2 maps or bo5 1 map would be pretty fun

Defur

Koth bo3 2 maps or bo5 1 map would be pretty fun

sorry, what?

eoN^

Koth bo3 2 maps or bo5 1 map would be pretty fun

sorry, what?

bo = best of

;)

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Did someone play koth_waste ? Its a lot better and fast-paced.

Randdalf

(0v0)

Long cap times are necessary to compensate for the fact that a team could be roaming the map defending high up, and a spy could “backcap” quickly, and start the clock going down again, which is sort of unfair because one team is quite obviously the “king” but they’d still lose the point.

There’s probably a reason why Valve did it anyway, it’s not as if they wouldn’t try different cap times during testing.

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Long cap times are necessary to compensate for the fact that a team could be roaming the map defending high up, and a spy could “backcap” quickly, and start the clock going down again, which is sort of unfair because one team is quite obviously the “king” but they’d still lose the point.

There’s probably a reason why Valve did it anyway, it’s not as if they wouldn’t try different cap times during testing.

Yes, just like they tested the overtime function.

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

am in if no “OVERTIME OVERTIME OVE….”

Rain

LaZy

Like Valve tested anything properly… demoman jumping and medic reloading anyone?

Don’t think they did a lot testing was done on KotH capturepoint. I think it could be lowered a bit.

Waster

King of the hill is …

like a deathmatch map with a capture point on it.

eoN^

King of the hill is …

like a deathmatch map with a capture point on it.

Id decribe it as arena with respawns :3

gniedler

T4F
FuDoo :>

what’s wrong with medic reloading?

David

what’s wrong with medic reloading?

Nothing, I dont think he knows that now you can shoot while reloading. They had to do this because of the auto reload they added. It just looks strange when you hold shoot+reload.

Skyride

DUCS

Not on viaduct, that map gives me 50 fps when I play ALONE.
Now think 8 people..

heh. Same

Im at a LAN atm, local dedi server crashed so i hosted a listen server on it. Laggy as fuck server and me at 15fps FTW.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »