Forum

Experimental Highlander One-Night-Cup #8 Feedback

Created 17th October 2016 @ 13:34

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

MoistPenguin

TC

Please use this thread for feedback related to cp_hadal and the Experimental Highlander One-Night-Cup #8.

Last edited by MoistPenguin,

Jan

(League Admin)
|FV|

Isn’t it #8?

MoistPenguin

TC

Quoted from Jan

Isn’t it #8?

Indeed it is, ive fixed that, the post was written quite late at night

Strike

Q: Is it allowed for 1 player to play in two teams in the cup i.e. one Highlander and one Fun Team?

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

I put this on the newspost but I have now realised it deserves to be here:

I don’t think this map selected for the cup will be very good, looking around it I don’t see A, B or C having a viable hold, with B having the best hold and its very similar to Steel C, which is a throwaway hold. The last cap gets harder to cap as more points are captured which seems to be a very strange design choice and one that I don’t think lends itself well to a competitive setting. There’s also crazy amounts of height advantage on last and the flank route that opens up when B is captured, which I don’t think will be very fun to play anything but soldier on. Haven’t played any games on the map though, maybe I’ll be proved wrong in the experimental cup, but I think another map would have been better tested.

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

there is a b9 version now

-fixed stopwatch timer

Do we play that instead?

Selek

Dr. med.

From SageLuke in the newspost:

Who can I report map bugs to?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=784230948
After capping B, this doorway doesn’t lower enough, and you have to jump-crouch to get through it.
Has the creator of this map even tried running around in the map at all?

MoistPenguin

TC

Quoted from Strike

Q: Is it allowed for 1 player to play in two teams in the cup i.e. one Highlander and one Fun Team?

No it is not, they may be rostered but they should only play for one team through out the cup

Quoted from MARS^

there is a b9 version now

-fixed stopwatch timer

Do we play that instead?

Yes play the most up to date version.

Quoted from scrambled

I put this on the newspost but I have now realised it deserves to be here:

I don’t think this map selected for the cup will be very good, looking around it I don’t see A, B or C having a viable hold, with B having the best hold and its very similar to Steel C, which is a throwaway hold. The last cap gets harder to cap as more points are captured which seems to be a very strange design choice and one that I don’t think lends itself well to a competitive setting. There’s also crazy amounts of height advantage on last and the flank route that opens up when B is captured, which I don’t think will be very fun to play anything but soldier on. Haven’t played any games on the map though, maybe I’ll be proved wrong in the experimental cup, but I think another map would have been better tested.

The point of an experimental cup is to test maps, teams not playing the cups doesnt help anyone even if they just play one round and then drop out at least they have played the map. As for other maps there were no other suggestions that made sense to test, most had been tested a lot before the only other option that hadnt been was reckoner.

Chronos

BMS

Reckoner would have been a better choice. As would every map in the valve rotation, this map is just so poor for a competitive enviroment

TimTum

(ETF2L Donator)
-ƒ$-BLAH

Maybe I missed it, but what happened with the other maps in previous Test Cups? For example koth_ashville_rc1/koth_coalplant_b7. In my opinion it’s a pretty good map, and I prefer that map over borneo.

Chronos

BMS

I think coalplant would be great. Not replacing borneo though

Qohen

ranch

is there a medal for this one night thing?

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from Qohen

is there a medal for this one night thing?

Only pixel awards on team pages for 1st place, no medals.

Dom

Its a great map. To win your team needs to work together. Multiple options for great strats. Would rate it 8/8

Crayon

couldn’t hold B because it was too open and couldn’t hold A because it was too confined. then on the final point it boiled down to walking up staircases and dying, or being killed by someone who came out of one of the 10 different spawn exits for red. The map was far too chokey in my opinion which basically reduced the role of sniper+scout and put greater emphasis on the soldier (I don’t think highlander maps should be catered to specific classes). I dont think the map had much variety in potential strategies due to the previous point of the problems of A and B. Didn’t enjoy the map whatsoever and if it were to go into the main season my team will probably not play.
20:58 – Domo 3/6: ‘pile of shit’

would love to see ashville put into the pool

Last edited by Crayon,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »