Forum

ETF2L 6v6 Season 24 Preseason Cup: Maps

Created 28th April 2016 @ 00:08

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Chronos

BMS

Quoted from Useless

[…]

Yes. Very much how badwater is to highlander. I doubt we’d see it taken out of the map pool anytime soon though, for the very same reasons why badlands won’t be taken out of 6s.

I was in favour of badwater pro too as I think this game should keep bringing fresh maps through. It means teams have to think about how to play and come up with fresh ideas, it’s that which keeps this game alive

Crayon

Quoted from azarun

At first i thought Chronos and Crayon were trolling. How can you replace 1st/2nd best map in the rotation? The mid fight on badlands is one of best, at least it has more than 2 strategies (gully, snake…).
The second point is unarguably the most dynamic point in the game. And last is easy to cap, which is good for the map flow (more rounds, less stalemates). The only weak places of badlands are last-second stalemates and like ~2 splash bugs which heavily outweighted by positive aspects of the map.
In s23 weakest maps were granary>sunshine>product. Metalworks is almost as stalematey as granary and has the worst last (facts). Sunshine has the worst mid (too big, too many objects to fight on) and worst mid-second transitions (in my opinion). I think its worth a shot trying reckoner instead sunshine/granary.

-snake has more than two strategies (so does gullywash but I sort of understand why you might think that).
-I disagree with you saying the second point is the most dynamic. Like it has different levels of height, but the strong inability to push onto it from last, alongside the fast cap time on last itself just causes problems imo
-you talk about the benefits of the many strategies of badlands mid, but sunshine has so much variety on mids because of the size of the mid and number of obstacles
-In what way does metalworks have the worst last? (facts please)

To be honest I just want to see a mix up of the maps. I would agree granary feels quite stale, but it feels like sunshine gets shit talked just because it’s relatively new. Like it would’ve been interesting to see whether, if sunshine got the approval and stream coverage that reckoner has had, would people accept it more because of the top players accepting it.

Last edited by Crayon,

Chronos

BMS

Quoted from Crayon

[…]

-snake has more than two strategies (so does gullywash but I sort of understand why you might think that).
-I disagree with you saying the second point is the most dynamic. Like it has different levels of height, but the strong inability to push onto it from last, alongside the fast cap time on last itself just causes problems imo
-you talk about the benefits of the many strategies of badlands mid, but sunshine has so much variety on mids because of the size of the mid and number of obstacles
-In what way does metalworks have the worst last? (facts please)

To be honest I just want to see a mix up of the maps. I would agree granary feels quite stale, but it feels like sunshine gets shit talked just because it’s relatively new. Like it would’ve been interesting to see whether, if sunshine got the approval and stream coverage that reckoner has had, would people accept it more because of the top players accepting it.

this is basically it, new things get shit talked as the way to be playing isn’t so obvious and players have to think

azarun

Quoted from Crayon

Im just saying that badlands mid allows a lot of options for every class (example, demo: come from choke, house, balcony, valley, under, enemy shithouse).
Second “dynamic” because of how much action goes on spire.
All of the props on sunshine doesnt make sense to fight for (on blands if you control both crates – you control middle, on sunshine if you control tetris or church you dont secure point), they just thrown there to make mid less open.
Metalworks last is as hard to push with advantage as snakewater last.

Last edited by azarun,

Reckoner in the season. I’d rather shit in my hands and clap

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Quoted from Chronos

[…]

this is basically it, new things get shit talked as the way to be playing isn’t so obvious and players have to think

Case in point.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3