Forum

Loose Cannon is pretty op. Maybe we should ban it?

Created 15th February 2015 @ 21:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

quintosh

wL.

it shoots in almost a straight line, how can you spam it from cover?

Klefsas

DTown
WASP

Quoted from MIGHTY BURGER ツ

“mad cuz bad”

Not working for me, mate. I`m pretty good.
*sigh*
I seems only low div players reading forum. Nobody can give good feedback.
Only trollz and condemnation.

Last edited by Klefsas,

Klefsas

DTown
WASP

Quoted from quintosh

it shoots in almost a straight line, how can you spam it from cover?

They`r flying like regular grenades. It looks like they flying in a straight line cos the`r bigger than regular grenades and have another shape.

Last edited by Klefsas,

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

loose cannon is definitely not OP. certainly viable, yes. more useful than stock grenades on some maps e.g. badwater 1st point. it’s not OP because it doesn’t just reward the demo with 140 damage for hitting the damn thing. you need to actually hit the doubledonk which sounds easier than it is. the range on loose cannon is lower than with normal grenades so that’s not an argument (not completely sure about that but at least rollers have longer range).

so yeah, just because it killed you once doesn’t mean it’s OP and needs a ban. you were probably just unlucky/the demo was lucky, however you want to put it.

Klefsas

DTown
WASP

Omg, you, people, really think that I created this topic just cos I was killed once with lucky shot? What is your problem? I just gave u an example how stupid spam with this weapon can win u a game (I know how hard for u to use brains and imagine some situations so i tried to give u some examples of it). But no, let the trollz and wrong findings come in. Ok, whatever.
Thank you for reminding me about that most people do not tend to think.
And yes, I agreed that this weapon is not very strong on SOME cp_ maps but it is abnormally strong in koth_ and pl_ maps. It deals terrible damage and required no skill at all for using it. Plus, the knock back ability of this weapon makes pyro pick before uber push meaningless, cos demoman can easily ruin all uber push by himself. That`s why I think that it should be banned, not because I died from it…
P.S. Sorry for my English.

Last edited by Klefsas,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKrsPMPYatU&t=3m45s

Situationally useful.

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from Klefsas

It deals terrible damage and required no skill at all for using it.

That’s right, unless you hit the doubledonk the damage is actually terrible.
What does it do? Like 60 on impact and 40 on explosion? So you take either 40, 60 or 140 damage.
It requires no skill? That means normal grenades take just a little more skill?

I’m also pretty upset that you complain that there’s nobody providing constructive feedback and only low div players comment and then you call me out after posting constructive feedback. Apparently I’m a troll for stating a couple of facts and assuming that you just got unlucky in a game. Way to go.

Klefsas

DTown
WASP

Cannonballs piercing targets before they explode and that is a main source of damage. You actually can hurt whole combo with one grenade BEFORE explosion.
And it hurts not 40 and 60, like u saying.
Direct: 58-61 <– damage from hit
Splash: 29-52 <– damage from explosion
That means u will hit a heavy and medic behind him for 60 and then u still can deal explosive damage. You can deal damage to 3 or 4 targets and than they will take explosive damage.
Double-Donk damage:
Direct: 81-83
Splash: 41-69
That means you can deal 152 damage from one shot if u are super lucky in spamming.
But why I missed a moment, when for being a good demo u just need to spam grenades?
P.S. Try not to judge people if you do not understand the situation. Then you won`t get upset.

Last edited by Klefsas,

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from Klefsas

Cannonballs piercing targets before they explode and that is a main source of damage. You actually can hurt whole combo with one grenade BEFORE explosion.
And it hurts not 40 and 60, like u saying.
Direct: 58-61 <– damage from hit
Splash: 29-52 <– damage from explosion
That means u will hit a heavy and medic behind him for 60 and then u still can deal explosive damage. You can deal damage to 3 or 4 targets and than they will take explosive damage.
Double-Donk damage:
Direct: 81-83
Splash: 41-69
That means you can deal 152 damage from one shot if u are super lucky in spamming.
But why I missed a moment, when for being a good demo u just need to spam grenades?
P.S. Try not to judge people if you do not understand the situation. Then you won`t get upset.

Yeah very nice explanation now guess how much damage you could do if you just used stickies instead.

Klefsas

DTown
WASP

Quoted from MARS^

[…]

Yeah very nice explanation now guess how much damage you could do if you just used stickies instead.

But this is a problem. U don`t need stickies at all cos u can do all work on maps like via just by using loose cannon and you will make even more damage.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

You haven’t even read the weapon stats FailFish

max damage from a doubledonk is 141 and the timing is hard. if you can hit them consistently so that they’re better than pipes, well done you deserve it.

Asaaj

It’s more like you don’t want to accept the criticism we provide Klefsas and come up with scenarios that barely ever happen to anyone, to proof your point.

Seems like I have only played against shitty demomen then if the Loose Cannon is so OP.

ekkelund

sirkkels

Quoted from Asaaj

It’s more like you don’t want to accept the criticism we provide Klefsas and come up with scenarios that barely ever happen to anyone, to proof your point.

Seems like I have only played against shitty demomen then if the Loose Cannon is so OP.

Well he did play against the mighty E2 Jack so…

Pete_

PrettyGay

Quoted from Klefsas

[…] Then you won`t get upset.

Quoted from Klefsas

What is your problem?
I know how hard for u to use brains and imagine some situations.
Thank you for reminding me about that most people do not tend to think.

how not to get upset

Last edited by Pete_,

skyro

#SaveMelee

All of you seem to forget a vital part of the word “BALANCING”.

For a weapon’s strengths, there’s an equal and opposite weakness, which in the Loose Cannon lies in its terrible ability to defend you from any kind of class. You could argue the ‘Targe, but where are your stickies?

Shut up, clock your brain into work and go back to whatever you were doing before you created a shitstorm over nothing. That means you, Klefsas.

Last edited by skyro,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »