Player Stat Tracking, Class Based Leaderboards etc

Created 23rd December 2014 @ 13:24

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

xiiirog

Name²

Here goes nothing,

Basically the idea is,

1- Implement a stat tracking system to create a classbased leaderboards,
– Which tracks the stats of each player that played in etf2l’s official games. Place the stats in a leaderboards type of stat table where you can view/see stats from every other player in their own respective class.
– can be division based, or can be a giant pool of players chucked in the same table. (SAME CLASS)
– for example for sniper table you can have,
Total Kills|Deaths|Damage Done| D.Taken|HS Ratio|Med Kills|Sniper Kills|K/D|Div(he is from)|Total Sniping Hours| where you can compare your stats to every other sniper in etf2l or your div ( division probbly better since playstyles differs from div to div so wouldnt be a fair comparison probbly). and have a clickable sort by damage done etc type of viewing style so you can see who has the highest damage in season X or number of kills or med drops etc.
– for other classes you can have different stuff, for ppl bonked , dropped, back stabbed etc.

2- Since people like them medals you can have medals based on the leaderboards. (i personally dc about this that much but i know a lot of good friends that cant wait to get their medals :) prbbly wont hurt anyone)
– for example, you can either have a Div X Top Kills in sniper class or damage dealer. or you can have point base system so that you can calculate a score which suggest the success rating of the player and have Div X Top3 sniper medals etc. in MvP style in season X Div X Class X.
– if going for point system it can be something like this for example (just to make a silly calculation purposes) , Total Damage Done + (Total Kills x 40) + ( Total Assists x 20) + ( Total Med Kills x 100 ) + ( Sniper x 50 ) gives you the total points which correlates with your success in your sniper class ( let say contribution to your teams success type of stuff, so this is just a mock calculation )
then at the end of the season you can see the class based performance comparisons per div. (or in total)

3- If above is done, you can make a MvP team Div X vs Div X+1 ( for example div 6 mvP vs div 5 winners )winners type of tournament, play offs style where you can have seeding etc. so all div x winners and all div x+1 mvp teams can compete in a elimination type of tournament.

In all these changes might,

– Excite people about etf2l some more

– People will probably want to play their best to be able to see how well they are in etf2l rankings. ( world rankings – maybe you can have american league stats and compare with EU etc, then you can have MvP Eu vs USA finals )

– Would be nice to meet with new people from other teams in the elimination style tournament. Might result of new teams forming or more players getting active.

– Might ignite friendly competition and Feeding ones personal ego

– Will help when you are trying to find a team in a higher division or recruiting players in all, since you have stats to see if they deliver or not.

– Will make it easier for teams to reform their lineup if they are aiming for the absolute best or will simply make the teams see their weak points and form a training menu or appropriate tactics to play their strong sides and cover their weaknesses. ( maybe in the future you can total damage done by team, kills etc. )

– and so on. you can probably add more positive or negative things about this topic but im hungry. so im out XD

thank you for reading .

Who is going to make this?

Bery

Seizs
LoL

Quoted from kKaltUu

Who is going to make this?

this

xiiirog

Name²

Isn’t the purpose of this forum to see if we can make ideas reality? so there isn’t a better place to ask that question. But asking it to me is non-logical because if i knew who can do this i would be talking to him to see if we can make this a reality and wont be posting this here. So you might not like the idea and that is totally normal and acceptable but your approach here i feel is negative in a non constructive way. I find it weird.

Popcorp

etf2l coders are already busy with new site design and Swiss System. Gentleman Jon made something similar before, but then he stopped.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from xiiirog

Isn’t the purpose of this forum to see if we can make ideas reality? so there isn’t a better place to ask that question. But asking it to me is non-logical because if i knew who can do this i would be talking to him to see if we can make this a reality and wont be posting this here. So you might not like the idea and that is totally normal and acceptable but your approach here i feel is negative in a non constructive way. I find it weird.

It’s a hard truth that there’s more people willing to suggest things rather than attempt to implement them, and a lot of your ideas have already been brought up before.

You’re better just working on something then presenting it once it’s been developed a bit like Cherry did for example. That’s where the real progress lies.

Kengur

See my other thread for ideas.

xiiirog

Name²

Here is an idea,

Easiest way that i can think of is that a google drive document can be made, managed by etf2l.
As a player (or team leader) you apply to join the page and get rights to edit. So after you put your stats in it by hand, paste the logs. So the etf2l just controls if the info are correct after the week finishes.

something like this.

edit:or you can have their teamleader check the info and ok it for them to be published on the table by etf2l management. if any of the numbers are incorrect you can get a warning or something. incase of fraud or something. -small mistakes typo etc

Last edited by xiiirog,

Tuffy

pd!

I don’t think a rank system can really fit with TF2. As I main engineer, I’ll take example with that class. So, for engi, what will players be ranked from? The damages dealt? The sentry gun built? The gameplay of an engi really changes from a map to another, and even on a single map (badwater for example) you can use different playstyle. You can focus on having a good teleporter to keep your team pushing, or trying to have a lvl 3 sentry, but that mean that you won’t have time to upgrade your other buildings or you won’t be on the battlefield with your shotgun.
You can’t rank all the engineer with so many differences in the gameplay, because I don’t think you’ll watch every STV of every games, so you’ll use logs, and logs shows stats, not the efficiency of someone during the game.

lexs

BeachBoys
vier

i am working on something like this for logs.tf

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

oh its another all talk and not doing something thread

xiiirog

Name²

Quoted from Tuffy

I don’t think a rank system can really fit with TF2. As I main engineer, I’ll take example with that class. So, for engi, what will players be ranked from? The damages dealt? The sentry gun built? The gameplay of an engi really changes from a map to another, and even on a single map (badwater for example) you can use different playstyle. You can focus on having a good teleporter to keep your team pushing, or trying to have a lvl 3 sentry, but that mean that you won’t have time to upgrade your other buildings or you won’t be on the battlefield with your shotgun.
You can’t rank all the engineer with so many differences in the gameplay, because I don’t think you’ll watch every STV of every games, so you’ll use logs, and logs shows stats, not the efficiency of someone during the game.

you have a point

Quoted from lexs

i am working on something like this for logs.tf

bro what do you have in mind , anything to help with ?

Last edited by xiiirog,

skyro

#SaveMelee

Quoted from T0m

oh its another all talk and not doing something thread

oh look it’s another all shittalk no constructivity retard poster

Mundi

dogs.tf

lol u just posted nothing constitutive and called him a retard

fraac

JOHN
CENATION