Forum

[HLS5] Provisional Feedback Thread

Created 6th October 2013 @ 17:10

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 15 Next »

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Oxy

We were talking earlier and wondering if maybe we could send logs instead?

This, please. Otherwise I have to waste hours finding old demos

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

This, please. Otherwise I have to waste hours finding old demos

what d you mean waste hours? :D screenshots are easily taken during the game!

although logs obviously are easier to do. then again that shit might be too technical for some people, so why not both?

Last edited by quell,

Munky

AEUGH

There is no need for two CP maps in such a short season. Pick one of Gravelpit and Steel and then rotate between the two season by season. Having both doesn’t make sense and even UGC with their longer seasons just pick one.

The way points are distributed are off (43% PL, 28%, CP, 14% KOTH, 14% 5cp). If you compare it to the recent UGC season (38% PL, 13% CP, 25% KOTH, 25% 5cp) you see they have the different gamemodes more evenly matched. It is mainly due to the awkward number of matches and the choice to play two cp maps but it is something you should be aware of. Having almost 75% of points on CP+PL is too much.

Sticking with the two maps on certain days makes no sense to me. Just play one less map and simplify the whole process for everyone.

The ban list is fine at first glance but I didn’t look too deeply.

Frowny

TLG
peace

Pretty happy with this to be honest. Gpit is basically cancer but other than that it seems fine.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Oxy

No granary makes oxy a happy sheep.

There is no part on there about sending screenshots though. Guessing we still need too?
We were talking earlier and wondering if maybe we could send logs instead? Actually more reliable, harder to fake.

Of course, I can’t believe I missed this bit. I’ll add it in now. Logs are fine although it’s hard to actually see who won on payload maps (unless someone can teach me!) so keep that in mind.

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Week 2: koth_pro_viaduct_rc4 + cp_process_final
Week 6: koth_lakeside_final + cp_gullywash

1 map/week would be preferred.

Also no koth_arctic ? :C

Popcorp

Quoted from Snooki

No gravelpit or steel. Bad maps. Best thing would be pl + koth maps every week. And one 5cp

Steel and Gpit are opposited of each other, Gpit is a large open map and Steel is clusterfuck of chokes

But Steel is way better than Gravelpit in my opinion
Poor Arnold, yet another Season without his Croissant in Map pool, we really need to play Croissant again :(

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

I think the reasoning for the weeks is that the 1-map weeks are best of 3, whereas the 2-map weeks are only BO1 each, to balance the time spent playing each week.

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Permzilla on the logs.tf of each end of two minirounds you have infor – red/blu team won. So it’s not that hard. I would love to see logs.tf being little upgraded where you could group your or others logs in list in example if someone is playing in hl team and sixes team he could group it in few groups – scrims with team, officials with HL team, mixes, so it would be easier to navigate. Also my demo system crashed always was taking missing screens from demos, now every demo is crashing for me near the end.

But it seems like nice idea to allow screens and logs in the sign-up.
Map pool is awesome for me people only complaining at one/two maps so you shouldn’t be afraid – people always complain. But it’s really balanced and every team has one or two disliked maps, but it’s no reason to hate in map pool becouse you’re bad in it.

aimanfire

[VS]

Everything looks good! i’m iffy on lakeside though, but other than that, it should be good :)

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Quoted from teej!

Only map I’d disagree with is Gravelpit, but overall looks like a solid map pool!

Quoted from Snooki

No gravelpit or steel. Bad maps. Best thing would be pl + koth maps every week. And one 5cp

Quoted from Munky

There is no need for two CP maps in such a short season. Pick one of Gravelpit and Steel and then rotate between the two season by season. Having both doesn’t make sense and even UGC with their longer seasons just pick one.

Quoted from Frowny

Pretty happy with this to be honest. Gpit is basically cancer but other than that it seems fine.

Gravelpit to be removed please. Apart from that the map list looks pretty good.

Popcorp

Replace Gpit with Ashville, Arctic/Warmtic or Swiftwater

Xabi

Steel :/

You should replace it for Swiftwater or any other decent maps !

kermit

G
sniper

Quoted from Toba

[…]

Also no koth_arctic ? :C

Everyone seems to just hate Arctic :(
Gpit isn’t the best map but it’s another one I’m happy to see in the map pool again, I guess I just like bad maps.

Last edited by kermit,

Frowny

TLG
peace

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

Steel and Gpit are opposited of each other, Gpit is a large open map and Steel is clusterfuck of chokes

But Steel is way better than Gravelpit in my opinion
Poor Arnold, yet another Season without his Croissant in Map pool, we really need to play Croissant again :(

IMO Arnold tried to hard to meet everyone’s demands and due to the nature of opinions ended up fucking the map even harder. Take sniper for example, there’s only one sightline on the map that’s longer than about 5m and doesn’t involve you standing in a choke.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 15 Next »