Forum

Switching over to the NA scoring system

Created 14th March 2013 @ 16:41

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 14 Next »

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Another facet I considered on the admin forum:

Beyond the benefits of eliminating dead time, I think this is a great opportunity to change the way our nightly TF2 schedules work. There is scope here to encourage Prem teams to play at different time slots to promote spectating. For example, a one map fixture could be scheduled to start at 21:45CET or 19:30CET to capture our core audience outside of their own practise schedules.

Last edited by Admirable,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from atmo

How many games actually go to 60 minutes in ESEA?

I’d be in favour of this except for the team swapping which only panders to babies.

Agreed. Map asymmetries are negligible but I’ll spend minutes shooting my own team if we have to change.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from atmo

How many games actually go to 60 minutes in ESEA?

If I’m not mistaken (ie dont quote me on this), Admirable has asked this question to djc and the reply was something alone the lines of “once every 2 years”.

xzr

Have you guys actually ever seen a yank match?

“Turtle until our roamer solly gets lucky and picks the enemy medic, push”

ilike2spin

RLM

If admirable thinks its better we should do it. Would also stop harbleu being shit in the last game of the evening.

How do teams do pcws over in America? Would we just do 1 map at 20 and 1 map at 21?

Setlet

While I think it’s cool that the colours are changed, I don’t like the winlimit aspect. Having 2 halves is fine, but keeping the windifference 5 would be great.

Unless the sole purpose of having this ruleset in EU is to have the same ruleset globally.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Setlet

While I think it’s cool that the colours are changed, I don’t like the winlimit aspect. Having 2 halves is fine, but keeping the windifference 5 would be great.

Unless the sole purpose of having this ruleset in EU is to have the same ruleset globally.

If you have it set to windifference of 5 with 1 hour of gameplay, it would always last 1 hour. We might as well keep it the same if that’s the case. I would rather have 30 minutes and win limit 5 than 1 hour and win difference 5.

TurboTabs

(Classy)
BEER

http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/6185-how-long-on-average-do-your-matches-last

Asked Americans how long matches usually are.

Setlet

Quoted from Enef

[…]

If you have it set to windifference of 5 with 1 hour of gameplay, it would always last 1 hour. We might as well keep it the same if that’s the case. I would rather have 30 minutes and win limit 5 than 1 hour and win difference 5.

Well, yes. I just hate playing tight lobbies (yes they do happen) when it’s 4-4 and there is much time left and it ends when a team gets that 5th round win. Really grinds my gears.

Maybe if only one map was played per week. Again it really doesn’t matter if we’d keep the normal system, but like I said, I like the half time system.

Last edited by Setlet,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

If I’m not mistaken (ie dont quote me on this), Admirable has asked this question to djc and the reply was something alone the lines of “once every 2 years”.

From tftv staff channel last night:

[CanFo] i remember that admirable asked djc
[CanFo] but then i looked up the esea rules
[CanFo] and it said nothing regarding the overtime timelimit
[CanFo] but they said, a stalemate is possible
[CanFo] which confused me at first
[enigmaenigma] CanFo
[enigmaenigma] don’t have a clue
[enigmaenigma] i think that an overtime after 2 halves has happened once in invite
[enigmaenigma] in like 10 seasons

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Yeah overtime/golden caps are what djc was talking about.
I couldn’t honestly tell you how many matches a season last longer than 30 minutes or hit the 60 minute mark.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Admirable

Yeah overtime/golden caps are what djc was talking about.
I couldn’t honestly tell you how many matches a season last longer than 30 minutes or hit the 60 minute mark.

The fact you get to overtime/golden cap means you have hit the 60 minute mark, no? Am I missing something?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

The fact you get to overtime/golden cap means you have hit the 60 minute mark, no? Am I missing something?

Yes. Overtime would only occur, if the 60 minute mark is hit and the score is tied.

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from Enef

Noone will be 4-3 ahead and turtling snakewater last with 2 sentries and a heavy with another 30 minutes to play.

h3h3h3

Make a cup or two and make a decision based on the feedback?

Last edited by sidestep,

mhwk

wookie
VDOH

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sBm0iuzZPmM/UP9VmK0FAoI/AAAAAAAAAXY/Plcn7E8gG20/s1600/ayee.jpg

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 14 Next »