Forum

Less Granary, perhaps?

Created 1st March 2013 @ 14:03

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

What do people think about Granary? Has it had it’s time? Do we want to keep it?

Personally I’m really fed up with it. It’s probably because I’m terrible, but mid fights might as well be decided by a dice roll and the rest of the map is just.. well not so bad maybe but perhaps ‘boring’ would be an accurate way to describe it.

Like TurboTabs said on mumble last night, “it seems the only reason we still have this map is because of its legacy”.

There must be better maps out there.. I heard some nice things about metalworks..

What say you?

accless

cp_

Granary is boring. It doesn’t matter at what skill level you play, in most games the game itself comes to a halt. It is too blocky, too choke point-y. From mid to second you got exactly two easily spammable chokepoints (not counting the rarely taken and risky dropdown) that can be surveyed from the same holding positions. Yard is too big; often after pushing it, you have to repush after waiting for another uber; it’s like a 7cp map. Not to mention the midfights where playing medic is a total nightmare due to way too many hiding spots and far too easy jump-in possibilities.
I don’t like the map and would be happy to see it go or given even less playtime

Last edited by accless,

Zebbosai

keep granary its a good map we dont need another process in the map pool

Cauthon

(ETF2L Donator)
prly

Bring Gravelpit back

crouton

LEGO

It’s fine. Not that we got to play it this season ^^

Only problem is how different it is from red to blu.

Ritalin

[d¿s]

granary is great

oh, granary_pro should replace the regular version imo

Last edited by Ritalin,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

granary is epic

Leif

Quoted from Cauthon

Bring Gravelpit back

^

nibo

elev8
eerie

what about koth viaduct? has that ever been played in eu 6v6

Kaneco

Granary is a OK map, not bad but not excellent either… It was the first map I really felt comfortable playing at lower levels, but the higher skilled players I play on it, the more difficult the map becomes for me. That mid is a demo’s nightmare and a soldier’s playground…

Anyway, I think granary is a bit slower than the other maps because all 3 points areas are huge, that really affects how the map meta works. Mid is huge, second(with yard included) it’s even bigger and last it’s big as well..

The reason I think other maps work better is because they never have more than 2 big areas… Snake has a big last, but mid makes up for it. Gully is great because it’s very compact overall, badlands last compensates for the entire map.

Probably Process is the slowest map after granary because it has a huge last and mid area.

It’s an awesome map because of his history, but the map mechanics are not great overall. I feel it would work wonders with a smaller second point area tho (like process but maybe even smaller).

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Quoted from nibo

what about koth viaduct? has that ever been played in eu 6v6

yes, it’s shit and boring. but americans think it’s cool.

Kaneco

Quoted from nTraum

[…]

yes, it’s shit and boring. but americans think it’s cool.

I think viaduct_pro is awesome :[

It’s everything but boring lol, almost no stalemates

Limp.

EPA

No.

Best map, only map scout is not op.

rytis

PrettyGay

cp_granary_pro ??

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO