Forum

[HL S1] Map Pool Feedback

Created 15th October 2011 @ 13:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Quoted from Beef

Steel is by far the best map for highlander. While it is cramped in places. It also offers the biggest variety in viable strategies of any map. Capping E is possible at virtually any point in the game but only through excellent teamplay from the start.

+1

redlock

[Axl+]

Viaduct is horrible for hl because at the end of the day, it’s really pretty much all about snipers. As long as both teams are even remotely similar to one another in skill, it all just comes down to sniper battles.

mcjabba

KRM
RH

Really think it’s missing out on 5CP, something like gullywash or warmfront would be great maps to play on.

Bontsa

⁄⁄nν

I think that because maps are announced already in so early state, everyone has had enough time (and still have in case of Steel) to have a little to jogg their memory a bit if they feel some map isnt familiar enough. Also if some map, i.e. Steel, is completely new to someone. Plenty of time to find server running Steel and go mad with Scout/Soldier/Spy to explore the place :3 Just my 2 cents.

Viaduct < Lakeside yet because of the bloody warehouse thingie on Red side on Viaduct :'D I don't know, Lakeside just feels more HL-like, its bigger and varies more imo. And more airspace for flying Scotsmen and should-be-institutionalized Americans ;) Dont know if thats all good thing though.

Last edited by Bontsa,

Mon

G6
gandhi is

Quoted from mcjabba

Really think it’s missing out on 5CP, something like gullywash or warmfront would be great maps to play on.

Always thought that 5cp_ maps are too small for highlander.

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from Mon

[…]

Always thought that 5cp_ maps are too small for highlander.

5cp gorge if anything :D

Mon

G6
gandhi is

Quoted from TviQ

[…]
5cp gorge if anything :D

I forgot about this map :D
Anyway, i hope we won’t play 5cp_ maps. KOTH maps are a lot better and full of struggle.

Last edited by Mon,

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from redlock

Viaduct is horrible for hl because at the end of the day, it’s really pretty much all about snipers. As long as both teams are even remotely similar to one another in skill, it all just comes down to sniper battles.

Not true.
Viaduct is unbalanced. One team has an advantage over the over in positioning and places to stand.
Lakeside imo would have been better

RaCio

GoT²

Aren’t they both mirrored and thus inherently different for each side (as left and right are swapped for each side)?

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from RaCio

Aren’t they both mirrored and thus inherently different for each side (as left and right are swapped for each side)?

I’m not sure what your getting at here. But on one side on Viaduct there are two differences on the map that the other side do not have and there things that i feel put a disadvantage for the other team. Not game changing but things that can help the other team.

Long and short Viaduct isnt mirrored perfectly, where as Lakeside is more balanced/mirrored.

RaCio

GoT²

I mean that on both maps left and right are switched for each side. So on lakeside the house is on left side for red, and on right side for blue.

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from RaCio

I mean that on both maps left and right are switched for each side. So on lakeside the house is on left side for red, and on right side for blue.

I think i get what your saying but what im saying is that on Viaduct there are places that one side one team can get too but the other side can’t not the fact that the left and right are switched its more the fact that there are spot that are abusable on one side that arent on the other

pala4

gullywash isnt playable and boring especially for 9v9
gorge, turbine or lakerside instead of it pls

Quoted from pala4

gullywash isnt playable and boring especially for 9v9
gorge, turbine or lakerside instead of it pls

Respectfully disagree, we’ve had awesome games against Colony on it.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Respectfully disagree, we’ve had awesome games against Colony on it.

Yup.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »