Forum

[S10] Unlocks Feedback Thread!

Created 28th August 2011 @ 15:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 15 Next »

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Are any of the medic unlocks imbalanced in anyway?
I mean like… ALL of them. That 10%(or is it 20%) ubercharge retaining saw, or the overdose, quicktix etc?? Would people actually use them if they were unbanned? It became quite apparent people didn’t really fancy using the quickfix, as overheal is a huge factor in the game.

The only reason I’m asking is because if they aren’t really viable, and wouldn’t really change gameplay if someone did use them, you could probably just write a ruleset like:

Vanilla + medlocks.

Only that basically means, vanilla for everything, except the medic, who can use any unlocks (with straight up reskins allowed to keep frying pan weilding demomen happy).

I think the only real viable weapon is the crossbow, and since you’ve allowed it anyway, it wouldn’t really be a problem. Most medics manage at least 1 ubersaw hit a game, and a single hit with that weapon can effectively win a round (Yes, it can be that huge). Might be something to think about, if you wanted to create this, standard, easy ruleset.

Regardless of what unlocks the medic has, they still die frequently, and anything the medic himself can do to keep himself alive should be rewarded :)

Bun

GM

I think the reason all the other bonesaws are banned is because the ubersaw would be replaced with the vita-saw (Yes, 20% when you respawn is huge.) and that would be boring to alot of people.

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

There are also no real way to tell whether or not a medic is carrying the vita-saw. The only way of finding out is if he takes it out or kills someone so they can see that he has 140 health. If neither of those things happen the only way of finding out is when the absurdly fast kritz or uber gets popped after his first death.
Allowing all the saws would add a great deal of inconsistency at the gain of very little in terms of game-play. The argument for banning items isn’t that they’re overpowered, it’s that they add a level of inconsistency where you never know what your immediate opponent are capable of.
You see a soldier do a double RJ off of a wall towards you, is he weak or is he using the gunboats? You can’t tell in time so you have to guess, which isn’t fun and certainly not a good way to reward skill.

Bun

GM

IMO you can see the gunboats pretty easy, but I agree with you on the saws.

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Well, a whitelist solves that problem right?

Setlet

I think the old cinnamon rule should stay, but Vanilla should have more power = If a team wants vanilla, the game will be vanilla. Cinnamon will be ok only if the both teams want it.

This could bring the illusion for pub heroes that unlocks aren’t banned after all and they would want to try comp TF2 (And realize that unlocks break the game)

Si^

T2P
[PG]

i think vita-saw breaks the meta game due to points previously raised and should remain ban

current unlock rules are good

Tornf4lk

cc//

It sure feels great to read a page of a unlocks thread that has no whining or shittalking :)

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Unlocks are still allowed if both teams agree, you know.

Herr_P

IKEA

Quoted from emb

Unlocks are still allowed if both teams agree, you know.

What?

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Quoted from Herr_P

[…]

What?

Both teams can agree to play with an altered whitelist to use any unlocks they see fit. Admins wouldn’t even know it happened, nor would they really punish it if they did(or so I’ve been told).

You’d be surprised with how many things you can get away with if both teams are happy with it.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from emb

You’d be surprised with how many things you can get away with if both teams are happy with it.

You are on my list now, I am watching you ;-)

Dummy

Quoted from AcidReniX

Are any of the medic unlocks imbalanced in anyway?
I mean like… ALL of them. That 10%(or is it 20%) ubercharge retaining saw, or the overdose, quicktix etc?? Would people actually use them if they were unbanned? It became quite apparent people didn’t really fancy using the quickfix, as overheal is a huge factor in the game.

The only reason I’m asking is because if they aren’t really viable, and wouldn’t really change gameplay if someone did use them, you could probably just write a ruleset like:

Vanilla + medlocks.

Only that basically means, vanilla for everything, except the medic, who can use any unlocks (with straight up reskins allowed to keep frying pan weilding demomen happy).

I think the only real viable weapon is the crossbow, and since you’ve allowed it anyway, it wouldn’t really be a problem. Most medics manage at least 1 ubersaw hit a game, and a single hit with that weapon can effectively win a round (Yes, it can be that huge). Might be something to think about, if you wanted to create this, standard, easy ruleset.

Regardless of what unlocks the medic has, they still die frequently, and anything the medic himself can do to keep himself alive should be rewarded :)

from what I hear in NA vitasaw is considered OP as fuck

Ghostface

spire

So the Original has a stereo critsound now.

Meuki

fleisch!
mods.de

Quoted from Ghostface

So the Original has a stereo critsound now.

Shouldn’t really matter that much, as the Original has been classified as a non-stock Weapon and not a reskin.

Quoted from Crasp

Unlock rules
– Allowed unlocks: Blutsauger, Kritzkrieg, Übersaw and Crusader’s Crossbow.
– Almost all weapon reskins (Lugermorph, Holy Mackerel, Frying Pan, Iron Curtain, Golden Wrench, Big Kill, Enthusiast’s Timepiece) are also allowed.
All other non-stock weapons are banned, including the Original.

If the bugged kritz-sound was the only reason to ban it, they’d probably say so explicitly

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 15 Next »