happened to me several times, played tf and suddenly my tf2 stopped responding
then i noticed that the steam crashed.
does anyone have familiar issue?
do u know how to fix this?

BraveHeart

GOALstar

i also tried refreshingg steam files here :
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3134-TIAL-4638
didnt have any crashes that far, but still if anyone have a solution it could be great

AnimaL

same thing… havnt done anything to my laptop or steam so i assume its valve dicking around like usual

also its only in tf2, and in pubs (so i presume some hat that makes it crash….like usual)

Last edited by AnimaL,

Popcorp

make sure you’re not participating in Steam Beta

pierzzz-

VR

same problem here.. it freezes until i disconnect the windows user

Deox

wL.
wL.

Glad to know I am not the only one, so far happens in both TF2 and CS:GO. Both freeze along with steam crashing, but since the game wont shut I cant access task manager because windows keeps thinking tf2 is on the front of the desktop, have to log off every time this happens, which is far too often the past few days.

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

I also have this problem :( not participating in beta or anything

Popcorp

Run > regedt32 > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > delete Valve

Try it at your own risk, don’t think it can damage anything, but it will reset your game graphical settings. That’s all i can suggest right now. Please don’t question me if it can help or not or what’s the risk, just do it, it helped ONE of my friends.

AnimaL

lol

Popcorp

Quoted from AnimaL

lol

im trying to help, i never experienced the problem you guys have, meh -.-…

Jörge

TSUN~
derptex9

Happened to me as well, although only on my PC it seemed, both CSGO and TF2. My laptop seemed fine with TF2, don’t seem to be in any betas on the PC.

Deox

wL.
wL.

Seems to be happening to most people on Windows 8 or 8.1. Looks like we have to wait for valve to fix this :(.

Razkar

cj.com

i’m in windows 7 and this happened to me all time…

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Quoted from Deox

Glad to know I am not the only one, so far happens in both TF2 and CS:GO. Both freeze along with steam crashing, but since the game wont shut I cant access task manager because windows keeps thinking tf2 is on the front of the desktop, have to log off every time this happens, which is far too often the past few days.

I assume you are on Windows 8? On task manager, you’re gonna have to rely on your spacebar to select hl2.exe then press tab until you highlight that ‘End Task’ button. Press E to end task.

BraveHeart

GOALstar

Quoted from Deox

yeah it happened on cs go aswell just now, i can reach task manager and shut down tf2.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »