Forum

Optimizing rates

Created 27th October 2013 @ 13:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

What the wiki doesn’t say is that the game will always get the interpolation from the cl_interp cvar.
cl_interp_ratio just acts as a limiter for the cl_interp cvar, the cl_interp value will change automatically based on cl_interp_ratio (if too low).

[…]

That, too.

The game will not always get the value from cl_interp. It will ONLY get the value from cl_interp if cl_interp_ratio / cl_update rate is lower than cl_interp.

AnAkkk

Quoted from fanny_filth

[…]

The game will not always get the value from cl_interp. It will ONLY get the value from cl_interp if cl_interp_ratio / cl_update rate is lower than cl_interp.

Wrong.

As I explained above, if cl_interp_ratio/cl_updaterate is higher than cl_interp, the game resets cl_interp to cl_interp_ratio/cl_updaterate. Then it still gets the value from cl_interp. This can easily be verified by checking with the console and reading the code in the Source SDK.

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

Wrong.

As I explained above, if cl_interp_ratio/cl_updaterate is higher than cl_interp, the game resets cl_interp to cl_interp_ratio/cl_updaterate. Then it still gets the value from cl_interp. This can easily be verified by checking with the console and reading the code in the Source SDK.

ok, I might have rephrased it in heinsight but either way this is still the only thing you need to know: interpolation period = max( cl_interp, cl_interp_ratio / cl_updaterate )

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2