Forum

FoV Client Plugin Changer

Created 21st December 2011 @ 00:44

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 Next »

AnAkkk

Quoted from Tommy Testosterone

Fuck this shit, I’ll just roll back to using fov 75.

If you already used it, it doesn’t really matter now, they got logs, might as well keep using it :p

quik

vs
Fe |

make a poll like “allow fov changer? Yes. No.”
there will be only 3 guys who vote no: lwf, TurboTabs and longas

darkman

starlight

Quoted from quik

4 guys tbh :)
Im going to say yes only when they will do it like a game option.

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

If you already used it, it doesn’t really matter now, they got logs, might as well keep using it :p

I didn’t use it though. I’m just going to go back to 75 and be the best of the best (in like div7 standards) without any fancy tricks.

Quoted from quik

I think the core of the problem here is that Valve doesn’t allow it directly, not that ppl here don’t want it to be used. I’d also vote no unless Valve would give their support to this because I don’t feel like pumping my fov is good enough reason to possibly get VAC’d.

Last edited by Tommy Testosterone,

lwf

[α]

It’s not like it makes any difference, but for the record I’m not opposed to Valve making any changes to the FOV settings.

sbafa01

it seems the only problem with this is the potential to wall hack by raising the fov high. if the fov cap could be raised to below whatever fov it takes to get that effect instead of being removed i’d use this.

xetsog

Is there any way that I can contact you in private, Boneuchu? If you don’t feel comfortable posting it here, just email it to [email protected] .

Last edited by xetsog,

Miek

prfsnlgmr

Quoted from Casual

[…]
About -insecure and VAC:

It does NOT disable VAC in ANY WAY. Here’s what happens if you prevent VAC from loading completely: You get kicked for ‘client timed out’ (although I think they changed the msg to something like ‘no connection to vac servers’ or something). All this plugin does is:
1. Remove -insecure from the startup params (edit: scrap that, the plugin doesn’t do this)
2. Flip a global boolean value indicating whether the client should be allowed to join VAC secured servers

Will VAC catch these methods to bypass the plugin check? No.
Can VAC in theory catch this specific plugin by dll signature? Yes.
Looking at this thread & the spuf thread, people generally WANT a higher fov cap. Based on this Valve can now make a proper decision and increase the cap (and fix aspect ratio related exploits from bypassing it).

I think the above needs clarifying a bit so people can make an informed decision before using this plugin.

The -insecure launch option puts you into insecure mode, which allows you to load unsigned plugins and is supposed to prevent you from joining VAC secure servers. This plugin disables that check, allowing you to join VAC servers while in insecure mode.

I personally won’t be touching this with a barge pole, I don’t see any difference between it and any other cheat tool and i’m not sure Valve will either.

uubers

gg
gandhi is

so now all the shitters are going to increase their fovs to make them less blind? cool

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

seen as though Skyride is forum banned he asked me to post his view on this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0fnXN2Feh4

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from uubers

so now all the shitters are going to increase their fovs to make them less blind? cool

Such a retarded comment

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from uubers

Ooh look, I’m so pro I don’t need a higher fov cause using one makes you a div7 shitter and a total baddie.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

well looks like we got ourselves a Mexican Ego Standoff…. Which can only end one way.

You all looking stupid.

quik

vs
Fe |

admins should make it not possible to change fov during a game.
so if you try to wallhack with high fov, you cant change fov baack to aim/shoot properly

Root

starlight

admins should ban fov, low lod and other shit like custom crosshair, surfaceproperites etc etc etc (yeah i am an idiot, i know its almost impossible, but i think its giving advantages anyway)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 Next »