Forum

FoV Client Plugin Changer

Created 21st December 2011 @ 00:44

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 12 Next »

DarkSlayer

yer what does this ACTUALLY do? changed fov to 110, went on server- nothing changed

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from DarkSlayer

yer what does this ACTUALLY do? changed fov to 110, went on server- nothing changed

Quoted from Casual

[…]

I’m just trying to help :/
All the plugin does is edit the fov_desired cvar (expanding the min & max values) and update your fov value in your player entity.

Some time ago I even made a plugin to fix broken demos.

any word on this from ETF2L officials?

does running in “-insecure” have any downside, can you be denied from any servers?

Last edited by slate,

envy

Quoted from DarkSlayer

Change this value to 170, then ask again.

Boneuchu

Quoted from wrock

the max possible default setting i 90 right?
or di i have to calc it with my aspect ration to get the right value?

The max default value is 90, yes. You can now change your fov_desired to a value over 90 with the plugin.

Quoted from DarkSlayer

It should work. Have you tried to set it to 110 again after going on the server?
There might be a bug and it resets the FoV on the server connection, I fixed it though, but there might be some special cases where the fix doesn’t work then. Maybe you just don’t see the difference with the default FoV?

Quoted from slate

[…]

[…]

any word on this from ETF2L officials?

does running in “-insecure” have any downside, can you be denied from any servers?

Try it with the plugin, you can just connect fine to any servers, even with -insecure.

Why has an admin moved this to HUDs & Configs? Could this be moved back to the General TF2 Forum?

Last edited by Boneuchu,

Quoted from Brainmaster

Is it allowed?

freshmeatt

‹Con›

I don’t see why the plugin would be disallowed if you can achieve a similar effect perfectly legally.

Boneuchu

Quoted from freshmeatt

I don’t see why the plugin would be disallowed if you can achieve a similar effect perfectly legally.

Exactly. You can do the same thing by changing your aspect ratio and people have been doing that for years.

Deux

Maybe I can stop using ridiculous resolutions like 1280×640 to get a descent FOV on my CRT screen now…..

octochris

(0v0)

It’s unenforceable for ETF2L to disallow it, even if we wanted to. Obviously I can’t speak for other entities (Valve included).

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

I didn’t know -insecure existed, thought client plugins HAVE to be signed.

I do not care about fov changes at all, but I’m concerened about other potential harmful uses of unsigned client side plugins.

octochris

(0v0)

I had been under the impression that even with -insecure, clientside plugins must be signed.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

I had been under the impression that -insecure disables VAC and it’s a server’s option.

AnAkkk

Quoted from freshmeatt

I had been under the impression that -insecure disables VAC and it’s a server’s option.

It’s both client and server. On the client it allows the use of unsigned plugins.

NaF

Oh shit

Last edited by NaF,

quik

vs
Fe |

CRT at 1024×768 + fov 110 + 100hz = awesomeness

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 12 Next »