Forum

Config Help Plz?

Created 31st October 2011 @ 15:38

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Hi

How do I overwrite my old messed-up config file, with a brand new, completely empty .cfg?

I keep trying to delete my old .cfg, but when I start up TF2, it keeps rising from the dead, instead of giving me a new default empty file.

What do?

RaCio

GoT²

As far as I know you have to type -autoconfig into your launch options and run TF2 for it to reset.

Spike Himself

TC

Turn steam cloud sync off while you’re at it :)

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from RaCio

As far as I know you have to type -autoconfig into your launch options and run TF2 for it to reset.

This didn’t do it, I’m afraid. Thank you though.

wampee

Quoted from RaCio

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from wampee

[…]

Quoted from Ritalin

[…]

This didn’t do it, I’m afraid. Thank you though.

so bad

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

I believe Steam saves bindings to the steam cloud. You could unbind them via the console command “unbind ” or return them back to the default set out from the regular options menu.

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Oh ok, -autoconfig sort of worked actually. I disabled from the Steam cloud as normal, however there was an option inside TF2 that I had to uncheck before it worked.

My config.cfg is still a complete mess, so I’m not sure it I can edit it properly or turn back on Steam cloud sync.

I’m still playing around with it. Thanks for replies so far.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

you need to disable steam cloud in ingame options + in steam options

Last edited by smziii,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Ritalin

Oh ok, -autoconfig sort of worked actually. I disabled from the Steam cloud as normal, however there was an option inside TF2 that I had to uncheck before it worked.

My config.cfg is still a complete mess, so I’m not sure it I can edit it properly or turn back on Steam cloud sync.

I’m still playing around with it. Thanks for replies so far.

config.cfg is going to be a mess – just accept it

Here’s what I did;
– make copy of config.cfg
– remove everything i dont care about
– save as myconfig.cfg
– inside every class config, ”exec myconfig”
(there’s a bit more to it but thats what it comes down to)

for anyone that cares:

= myconfig.cfg – as described above
= aliases.cfg – bunch of aliases – first line in aliases.cfg is ”exec myconfig”
= binds.cfg – set all binds (unbind stuff i set elsewhere, too) – after this is exec’d, every bind should be “all class default” – first line in binds.cfg is ”exec aliases”
= medic.cfg (etc.) – ”exec binds”, then set class specific binds

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

spiek

Yeah, I’m doing this now. My OCD is just going to have to deal w/ it. Thanks again.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Spike Himself

spiek

Quoted from Ritalin

OCD

Huh?

Last edited by freshmeatt,

Add A Reply Pages: 1