Forum

[HUD] Ell's HUD (4.8)

Created 15th August 2011 @ 04:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 14 Next »

Tatooine

Hi ell, it’s a very nice HUD i have one question, how install the scoreboard namely the ” Bash’s Scoreboard “

konr

It should just be standard. It’s very annoying having to find the right scoreboard and edit shit constantly every time I want to use this hud. It’s the only one that works perfectly with 640×480 but the lack of any info and the effort that I have to put in to add any is just not worth it. Also stuff is done so differently regarding crosshairs and shit like that compared to any other HUD that it’s such a ballache to add anything I want myself. :C

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Tatooine

how install the scoreboard namely the ” Bash’s Scoreboard “

There are instructions in the attached pdf, but I know they can be a bit tricky. It was made on Bash’s request and is available as is for everyone else who wants to put in the extra effort. For example, to make a Bash’s Scoreboard for 1080 vertical resolution:

Open BashScoreboard1050.res and Scoreboard1080.res in a text editor.

Both files have an entity called ServerLabel that looks something like this.

“ServerLabel”
{
“ControlName” “CExLabel”
“fieldName” “ServerLabel”
“font” “lType1-O”

}

Replace the ServerLabel in Scoreboard1080.res with that from BashScoreboard1050.res.

Repeat for “LocalPlayerStatsPanel”.

Scoreboard1080.res is now a Bash’s Scoreboard for 1080 vertical resolution. Install it like any other scoreboard as described in the manual.

Quoted from konr

It should just be standard. It’s very annoying having to find the right scoreboard and edit shit constantly every time I want to use this hud. It’s the only one that works perfectly with 640×480 but the lack of any info and the effort that I have to put in to add any is just not worth it. Also stuff is done so differently regarding crosshairs and shit like that compared to any other HUD that it’s such a ballache to add anything I want myself. :C

The reason why I have a separate scoreboard file for each vertical resolution is that Valve made it so that if you align everything on one resolution it will be a mess on all the others. Other HUD makes simply don’t bother. Assembly takes less than a minute, I do it a few times a year and save my personalized HUD on the desktop. It also shows what parts are resolution dependent and how to switch resolution without reinstalling the whole HUD. If someone modifies their HUD and wants to switch resolution that is very useful to know.

I won’t make Bash’s scoreboard in for all resolutions, keeping things small and simple is the best way to ensure reliability and I won’t sacrifice that for more features. What information were you missing? How is the crosshair customization difficult? How would you like it to work? What HUD gets it most right?

Quoted from ell

[…] The pings should be visible in the scoreboard like this. Can you get me a screenshot of yours? The chat text scales up with lower resolution, so it’s a bit of a compromise.

I don’t know if the issue is still there for me (I changed resolution to 800×600 because I’m on a CRT and I want dem extra Hz) but I’ll take a pic if it is

EDIT: http://imgur.com/9cCiOgh,W0bfnml

ignore the terrible cropping on 2nd image

Last edited by lawn,

Split

Would it be possible to add a black outline around the custom crosshair? I use a 1CH22 size.

If not, could a shadow be adapted to provide a black background for the crosshair center space?

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from lawn

[…]

I don’t know if the issue is still there for me (I changed resolution to 800×600 because I’m on a CRT and I want dem extra Hz) but I’ll take a pic if it is

EDIT: http://imgur.com/9cCiOgh,W0bfnml

ignore the terrible cropping on 2nd image

The text chat looks right but you’ve done something wrong with the scoreboard. The alignment problems are caused by not using the right scoreboard file and the text gliches by the game not being able to locate tf_english.txt. For 800×600 you need to use Scoreboard600.res and tf_english.txt should be in steam directory/SteamApps/common/
Team Fortress 2/tf/resource. tf_english.txt may have been overwritten by an update and needs replacing. See the manual of V4.3 for more info.

Last edited by ell,

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Split

Would it be possible to add a black outline around the custom crosshair? I use a 1CH22 size.

If not, could a shadow be adapted to provide a black background for the crosshair center space?

Easy, change the value of the outline field to 1 in lCH22 like this:

“lCH22”
{
“1”
{
“name” “Ell’s Crosshair”
“tall” “22”
“additive” “0”
“antialias” “0”
“outline” “1”
}
}

You can find it in ellshud/resource/ClientScheme.res at line 746. Also note that it’s L-C-H-22 not 1-C-H-2. The coordinates and dimensions of shadows are based on a low res grid and therefore subject to approximation, not a good idea for crosshairs where position is critical for precision.

Last edited by ell,

Split

Thank you very much for the speedy reply! It is much appreciated, and the outline makes the HUD for me.

GhostCrossX

How do I change between 6v6 and 16v16 scoreboards?

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from GhostCrossX

How do I change between 6v6 and 16v16 scoreboards?

There is no 16on16 scoreboard but there is a 9on9 for highlander. Type “cl_hud_minmode 1” and “cl_hud_minmode 0” in console for 6on6 and highlander respectively.

Last edited by ell,

GhostCrossX

Quoted from ell

[…]
There is no 16on16 scoreboard but there is a 9on9 for highlander. Type “cl_hud_minmode 1” and “cl_hud_minmode 0” in console for 6on6 and highlander respectively.

Thanks. Waiting for the new update :>

BTW Can you make the Charge Bars more transparent?

Last edited by GhostCrossX,

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from GhostCrossX

[…]

Thanks. Waiting for the new update :>

BTW Can you make the Charge Bars more transparent?

I like my meters in solid colors, but you can do it yourself by editing these lines in ClientScheme.res:

“ProgressOffWhite” “255 255 255 255”
“ProgressBackground” “0 0 0 255”

Numbers are real between 0-255 and represent red, green, blue and opacity in that order. The colors of most meters are locked to these variables by another of Valves fuckups, so you can’t specify a different one in the respective entities.

Last edited by ell,

ziegler

hey so i downloaded your hud and i LOVE IT! but a recent update (early may, i believe), made it so that my ubercharge does’t merely show the percent of uber, but instead it shows: “UBERCH…”. it does not change when i charge the uber, and my heal target can still see how much i am charged when i heal them or they look at me, but i can’t see it. I have been searching but i seem to be the only one with this complaint. I tried using v4.3, but the same problem remained. It does not affect the ubercharge itself (it still charges normally) but i just can’t see it! here are sceenshots: http://imgur.com/a/uxhWV
Please help, and thank you! you can reach me personally at [email protected], and i will be checking this forum very often! thank you very much!

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from ziegler

hey so i downloaded your hud and i LOVE IT! but a recent update (early may, i believe), made it so that my ubercharge does’t merely show the percent of uber, but instead it shows: “UBERCH…”. it does not change when i charge the uber, and my heal target can still see how much i am charged when i heal them or they look at me, but i can’t see it. I have been searching but i seem to be the only one with this complaint. I tried using v4.3, but the same problem remained. It does not affect the ubercharge itself (it still charges normally) but i just can’t see it! here are sceenshots: http://imgur.com/a/uxhWV
Please help, and thank you! you can reach me personally at [email protected], and i will be checking this forum very often! thank you very much!

From the manual: “Valve updates overwrite tf english.txt, causing text glitches. Repeating step 4 in the setup procedure corrects this.”

edit: just noticed my brilliant grammar.

You have to replace the file after every update. I wish there was another way, but Valves implementation leaves a lot to be desired. Most HUDs don’t modify the language file. I’ll probably include a pdf labeled “MUST READ” with a heads up in the future, because people keep making this same mistake.

That font doesn’t look right by the way, compare with the prictures from the homepage. Could it be that you packed as a vpk file? I’ve noticed that the font files won’t load properly if you do. If you’re using a vpk file you can install SourceCodePro-Semibold.ttf on your system or put it in tf/resource instead. You’ll find it in ellshud/resource.

Last edited by ell,

ziegler

your instructions worked perfectly! i am a rather silly fool, for not having remembered to read that part of the instructions, but thank you so much for helping me! you have done me a great service making and helping me with this HUD, and i thank you! if there is ever anything i can help you with, be sure to let me know! my steam page is http://steamcommunity.com/id/thatgorgeouscatenthusiast/

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 14 Next »