Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 96 97 98 ... 116 Next »

aura

Hay chris. In early configs you were claiming that using a higher /cl_interp/ for “hitscan” based weapons (‘0.375’) would be better for overall hit registration, however, in your latest config I noticed that you’ve set it to ‘0’. May I ask why?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from aura

Hay chris. In early configs you were claiming that using a higher /cl_interp/ for “hitscan” based weapons (‘0.375’) would be better for overall hit registration, however, in your latest config I noticed that you’ve set it to ‘0’. May I ask why?

It was initially added as I was informed that somehow this buffer was supposedly beneficial for hitscan (why, I don’t really know). Tests I have done within the past month have indicated that the lowest interp should be used whenever possible (and has no detrimental effect on hit registration for hitscan weapons).

As for why it is 0 specifically, that’s documented under the “LAN” section.

atmo

Quoted from octochris

[…]

You know the cause of this bug?

No, I’m afraid not. I thought it was to do with using custom HUDs, but I’ve heard it can occur with the default one too.

quik

vs
Fe |

“mp_decals 1 // `9′ is a good value to still see the spread pattern from a
// scattergun without any real performance loss.”
it’s not mp_decals 9,
it’s r_decals 9

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from quik

“mp_decals 1 // `9′ is a good value to still see the spread pattern from a
// scattergun without any real performance loss.”
it’s not mp_decals 9,
it’s r_decals 9

The game automatically sets r_decals to the value of mp_decals when r_decals < mp_decals. This means that I can set r_decals to a value below mp_decals, and mp_decals to whatever I want the maximum number of world decals to be. This way, the two are always the same. This is intentional. (For clarity, mp_decals sets the maximal number of world decals, and r_decals sets the maximal number of simultaneously rendered decals)

quik

vs
Fe |

btw why config still say to remove -dxlevel?

octochris

(0v0)

…because you still should?

Septique

Quick is not happy with you chris

Prozein

Removing -dxlevel and mat_antialias seting to 1 theres no second time on items button and no black screen on start and red text on console :)

Last edited by Prozein,

ndrwlmd

Quoted from octochris

[…]

It was initially added as I was informed that somehow this buffer was supposedly beneficial for hitscan (why, I don’t really know). Tests I have done within the past month have indicated that the lowest interp should be used whenever possible (and has no detrimental effect on hit registration for hitscan weapons).

As for why it is 0 specifically, that’s documented under the “LAN” section.

Because the internet is an imperfect environment and it’s common for update packets from the server to come in a few milliseconds late. Giving it a bit of a buffer cuts down on correction errors the client has to make. The tradeoff is a few milliseconds disadvantage in reaction time, but that hardly matters.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from ndrwlmd

[…]
Because the internet is an imperfect environment and it’s common for update packets from the server to come in a few milliseconds late. Giving it a bit of a buffer cuts down on correction errors the client has to make. The tradeoff is a few milliseconds disadvantage in reaction time, but that hardly matters.

And I’ve not argued against that — what I’m saying is that it shouldn’t make a tangible difference between projectile and hitscan.

tweek

SnB

Do someone know how to fix bug with overlay when chriss fps config on?

Im talking about DX9FRAMES config.

Pretty weird thing cause if config is on – mumble overlay is ‘crashed’ I mean everything there is white and no changing color if someones talking (the list is white).

If i remove cfg everything is fine.. I really don’t want stop to use this config, thats why im asking for some advice how to fix.

atmo

remove -dxlevel 9 from launch options

tweek

SnB

I didn’t have it. Only with first launch

wrock

vier

Quoted from tweek

I didn’t have it. Only with first launch

-nod3d9ex

that´s what you need

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 96 97 98 ... 116 Next »