octochris

(0v0)

mat_forceaniso 1
mat_trilinear 0

konr

ty

octochris

(0v0)

*frames update, mat_specular 1 is set in highframes/dx9frames like it was in the old config (I forgot). I’m amazed nobody mentioned this…

octochris

(0v0)

*frames update, add some old commands which were removed a while back due to issues which have now been resolved, and some which have been shown to have non-negligible performance gain

octochris

(0v0)

Just letting you know, I am aware of some issues since the most recent update. I’ll look into it later tonight.

JeSTeя

Chris,
Will you post here, when its ready to use?

octochris

(0v0)

It is (nothing was changed, because Valve broke stuff that can’t be fixed in the config). It should work fine.

Last edited by octochris,

JeSTeя

Thanks

wrock

vier

hey chris,
in your current cfgs you have fps_max 0

wouldnt´t it be better if the fps are limited(altough there is jittering) ?

in my opinion unstable fps are much worse than rare jittering? or not?

Last edited by wrock,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from wrock

hey chris,
in your current cfgs you have fps_max 0

wouldnt´t it be better if the fps are limited(altough there is jittering) ?

in my opinion unstable fps are much worse than rare jittering? or not?

I tested it the other day, there is still jittering for me. I think if you experienced it you would not say that unstable FPS is worse ;)

But of course, you can always change it.

revanxp

Hey chris, do you play bf3? Any config available? :P

octochris

(0v0)

I don’t own BF3. If you want me to make one, you’ll have to buy me it first ;)

quad

Someone do it please :D

atmo

What do you mean by jittering? Slowdown during high action scenes or just random drops?

Saki

Just going to ask here since I can’t seem to get help on the IRC. (tried a few times but no response xD )

Chris, in your video you mentioned that pubbers should generally stick to the ‘bad connection’ settings instead of the good ones. Does that still apply now?

and in your myths and falsifications for launch options post it used to say that dxlevel 95 performs better than dxlevel 90 as it’s more optimized but it seems to have been removed so just checking the validity of that as well.

in your recent configs there have been a lot of lines removed regarding multithreaded commands such as r_threaded_particles. are they not helpful anymore?

and finally is it wrong or inefficient in any way to run your high or max quality configs on dxlevel 90 or 95?

sorry for the question spam but I’ve been wondering bout these fora long time and did some of my own research to make sure i wasn’t asking pointless questions =D

EDIT: Hope I didn’t say anything wrong or demanded too much >.<"

Last edited by Saki,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 92 93 94 ... 116 Next »