Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 56 57 58 ... 116 Next »

pvelikovi

Thanks again !!!

Charged Light

Chris, Tell me, please, how much good is the combination of a “cl_smooth 1; cl_smoothtime = 1/freq”
Provided that “fps_max = freq +1” and value fps stable.

Example:
*freq=75*
fps_max “76”
cl_cmdrate “67”
cl_interp “0.015251”
cl_smooth “1”
cl_smoothtime “0.013332”
cl_updaterate “67”

Or, if using cl_smooth 1, the variable cl_smoothtime = cl_interp?

Thanks in advance!

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Charged Light

Chris, Tell me, please, how much good is the combination of a “cl_smooth 1; cl_smoothtime = 1/freq”
Provided that “fps_max = freq +1” and value fps stable.

Example:
*freq=75*
fps_max “76”
cl_cmdrate “67”
cl_interp “0.015251”
cl_smooth “1”
cl_smoothtime “0.013332”
cl_updaterate “67”

Or, if using cl_smooth 1, the variable cl_smoothtime = cl_interp?

Thanks in advance!

If you’re not getting prediction errors, cl_smooth does absolutely nothing. Nil. Nada.

It’s inadvisable to have it on because it will make your aiming inaccurate for the smoothing period, and besides it would be unnoticeable (any perceived non-negligible difference will be placebo) at vales less than 0.05.

Charged Light

Quoted from octochris

[…]

If you’re not getting prediction errors, cl_smooth does absolutely nothing. Nil. Nada.

It’s inadvisable to have it on because it will make your aiming inaccurate for the smoothing period, and besides it would be unnoticeable (any perceived non-negligible difference will be placebo) at vales less than 0.05.

Thanks!
Then I have a couple more questions, is there any significant differences between -dxlevel 81 and 80?
And also, what do you think about the variable cl_interp_all?

octochris

(0v0)

is there any significant differences between -dxlevel 81 and 80?

Not really, main difference is onhit screen events.

And also, what do you think about the variable cl_interp_all?

What do you mean “what do I think about it”? You should have it set to 0 if that’s what you’re asking.

AnimaL

Dear users of DX9 config!

For those who experience crashes/hangs ONLY on dx9 config, please consider testing possible fix:

find // Threading section in your config
change this
r_queued_ropes “0”
to
r_queued_ropes “1”

hf, and please post if you still experience same kind of crash/hang after using this

Phrozen

?

No offense chris but you’re cfg’s on my shit pc = destruction I’ve been playing with 15-60 fps for months then I switched to m0re’s highfps cfg and now I’m getting 100-170

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Phrozen

No offense chris but you’re cfg’s on my shit pc = destruction I’ve been playing with 15-60 fps for months then I switched to m0re’s highfps cfg and now I’m getting 100-170

then you’ve fucked up.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

When I tested it a few months back m0res highhigh with low sound quality gave better fps than maxframes on my setup. Don’t know what the situation is now tho.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Rake

When I tested it a few months back m0res highhigh with low sound quality gave better fps than maxframes on my setup. Don’t know what the situation is now tho.

as i stated before, this has low sound quality. i don’t understand why you think it doesn’t.

octochris

(0v0)

All FPS configs updated.

Changes in last update:
* AA now works on previously unsupported ATI cards with maxquality and highquality
* Added some more performance cvars to *frames
* Potentially fixed crashing in dx9frames (thanks AnimaL and Painstouch)

You may need to do CTRL + SHIFT + R to see the changes to the config. Check that the update date is “1 November 2010”.

kuma

dear helpdesk,

what is the cvar for multicore rendering?

yours sincerely

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from kuma

dear helpdesk,

what is the cvar for multicore rendering?

yours sincerely

there are multiple ones that actually control it, but the one controlled by the options menu is mat_queue_mode.

kuma

thanks!

Phrozen

?

I had all the launch options set right and everything in order, what I did was I replaced autoexec.cfg with m0re’s autoexec.cfg and kept the same launch options. Nothing else, one of the differences might be that m0re’s doesn’t have an fps max.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 56 57 58 ... 116 Next »