Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 18 19 20 ... 116 Next »

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Keep getting drops due to the error from the headphones music signs not showing, any fix?

I took them off my own classes but other peoples cause the error too.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Enef

Keep getting drops due to the error from the headphones music signs not showing, any fix?

I took them off my own classes but other peoples cause the error too.

I’m off to bed now (so I will answer in the morning), but do you mean FPS drops, or (unlikely) drops from servers?

I assume it is the former, but I’ve experienced neither, so I want to be sure.

Cheez

Firstly just want to say thanks, awesome config. The high fps config looks better than my old m0re config and also gets me more fps some how.

Only thing is, when I have the ragdolls disabled with this config when I frag someone the ragdoll sort of appears in freeze frame for a split second before disappearing which didn’t used to happen. Not the end of the world but it can be quite distracting in a hectic fight, was just wondering if you (or anyone else) knows of a value to change to fix this.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Cheez

Only thing is, when I have the ragdolls disabled with this config when I frag someone the ragdoll sort of appears in freeze frame for a split second before disappearing which didn’t used to happen. Not the end of the world but it can be quite distracting in a hectic fight, was just wondering if you (or anyone else) knows of a value to change to fix this.

The same thing happens with m0re’s too, it’s because the Source engine only removes the ragdoll at the next interval of N ticks (interval of n being because I can’t remember what the number is). Dunno why you only noticed it with this one, it happens with every FPS config that removes ragdolls.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from octochris

[…]

I’m off to bed now (so I will answer in the morning), but do you mean FPS drops, or (unlikely) drops from servers?

I assume it is the former, but I’ve experienced neither, so I want to be sure.

FPS drops, yeah. I’m using maxframes. I’m gonna verify the files tonight and make sure I have the files its looking for, as soon as I had the issue I thought it might be because the cfg turns off the texture but the game still tries to load it.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Enef

[…]

FPS drops, yeah. I’m using maxframes. I’m gonna verify the files tonight and make sure I have the files its looking for, as soon as I had the issue I thought it might be because the cfg turns off the texture but the game still tries to load it.

The config doesn’t do anything like that, if the problem exists (if it does I’ve not experienced it) then it will more than likely be an inherent dx8 bug.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

What I’ve noticed a while ago, when using an FPS config, on every map I have a certain Spot where all of the Player-Shadows are overlaying each other and are moving. On Badlands it is right below the Bridge.

Is there smth wrong on my end or does this just happen with FPS-Configs.

I’m using Chris’s Moreframes atm and it also happened with m0re’s which i used before.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from slate

What I’ve noticed a while ago, when using an FPS config, on every map I have a certain Spot where all of the Player-Shadows are overlaying each other and are moving. On Badlands it is right below the Bridge.

Is there smth wrong on my end or does this just happen with FPS-Configs.

I’m using Chris’s Moreframes atm and it also happened with m0re’s which i used before.

Sometimes I get ‘stuck’ shadows, but that’s a shadow bug with the engine. I’ve not experienced anything like what you’re describing :x

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

weird…yea i had the “stuck” shadows as well, but they stayed where you had killed the guy, this is something different… I’ll take a screenshot or even video when I’m back home…Maybe you can get a better idea what’s happening from that.

konr

My hitbeep doesn’t work with these configs. I’m using the super high fps one.

jgmaster

BM

Quoted from konr

It’s not going to be a problem with the config. Add play “your hitsound” into your autoexec and remember that you can’t launch TF2 through friends, you have to launch it and then join a friends game.

EDIT: Launching through friends, or launching TF2 through tf2lobby won’t have any issues except the potential lack of hitsounds.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from konr

That’s not a problem caused by this config.

Make sure you have

tf_dingaling_wav_override "sound.wav"
play "sound.wav"

in your autoexec.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Either you’re blind or stupid, chris, as r_worldlights 4 makes all the difference in the world compared to 0 (excuse the pun) on the weapon model. Do note that this difference isn’t there on dx8. But go take screenies to prove me wrong about it having an effect on your weapon model.

AnimaL

Quoted from slate

weird…yea i had the “stuck” shadows as well, but they stayed where you had killed the guy, this is something different… I’ll take a screenshot or even video when I’m back home…Maybe you can get a better idea what’s happening from that.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/37caaf86319231 :D

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

It’s not really that AnimaL

screenshot
video

look at the black stuff below the bridge, the video is slowed down a lot, but you can make out that the shadows are moving.

It didn’t happen when I was alone in a Server, thats why i’ve recorded this from a demo.

They are also always in the same spot, this happens on other maps as well, on prolane they are in front of the second forward spawn, for example.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 18 19 20 ... 116 Next »