Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 116 Next »

Akasazh

THG
HL

thats what I thought originally, but that put it to 640/480 :?

to I d3eleted the whitespace and it gives me 720/480.

Weirds me out

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Akasazh

Probably a bit of a noob error here, but since I have your config my tf2 starts up in low-res (720×480). even tho i put (-w1650 -h1080 in my launch options string). Like I said probably something I am doing wrong that I overlooked, but I can’t quite seem to figure out why it does that.

do:

-w 1650 -h 1080

also make sure -autoconfig is not in your launch options

Akasazh

THG
HL

Like I said, I did this (launch options copied from your cfg (-dxlevel 80 -full -w 1650 -h 1080 -console -nojoy -noipx -novid -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -noforcemspd).

Still gets me the 480/640 somehow.

octochris

(0v0)

The only reason I can think for that happening is that your monitor does not support that resolution.

Press WIN + R, type “desk.cpl” with no quotes, go to the settings tab and see what it says for ‘screen resolution’ and set it to that.

Akasazh

THG
HL

1650/1080 = native resolution.

But w/e ill keep setting it manually then I figure, just wondered if their was an eas solution I missed.

reactioN

are you sure its 1650/1080 not 1680/1050?

octochris

(0v0)

i should learn to look above

Akasazh

THG
HL

Quoted from reactioN

are you sure its 1650/1080 not 1680/1050?

:o epic fail lol….

/me wanders off in shame

Traumatizer

C2A
.TK`

omfg omfg omfg, the config fixed my network settings. And with the extreme quality config it looks like i’m watchting to a movie in the cinema.

CHRIS YOU’RE MY HERO!!

p.s: is vsync now enabled or something? my mouse seems to move smooth or something, fucks up my aim.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Traumatizer

p.s: is vsync now enabled or something? my mouse seems to move smooth or something, fucks up my aim.

vsync is forced disabled.

not sure what’s up with that.

Up

.:ne:.

Is there any chance of you making a middle ground config between moreframes and maxquality? I want to keep the game looking pretty and everything while squeezing out as much FPS as possible, but maxquality is too much strain while moreframes doesn’t look as good as I’d personally like.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. xxx

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Up

Is there any chance of you making a middle ground config between moreframes and maxquality? I want to keep the game looking pretty and everything while squeezing out as much FPS as possible, but maxquality is too much strain while moreframes doesn’t look as good as I’d personally like.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. xxx

Does highframes not suffice?

Up

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Does highframes not suffice?

I always thought highframes was supposed to look worse than moreframes. From the screenshots it looks like the draw distance is reduced and texture quality is lower, and from the order of the things on the site I always thought order of quality went maxquality, moreframes, highframes to maxframes.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I’ll try out highframes at some point. xxx

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Up

[…]

I always thought highframes was supposed to look worse than moreframes. From the screenshots it looks like the draw distance is reduced and texture quality is lower, and from the order of the things on the site I always thought order of quality went maxquality, moreframes, highframes to maxframes.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I’ll try out highframes at some point. xxx

I meant highquality GUHHHHHHHHHHH

Up

Quoted from octochris

[…]

I meant highquality GUHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh man massive herpderp on my part there. Cheers Chris. xxx

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 116 Next »